Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently the auto headlights on my 2019 CRV Touring stopped working (will not go off and on high beams automatically). I have the headlights set to auto and in the low beam function. Mentioned it at my Honda dealership when I had it in for an oil change and they said that everything checked out although it still does not function when driving on a dark road with no other lighting around.

·
Registered
491 Posts
You may have inadvertently disabled the auto high-beam function, which the dealer should have checked for. There's no way to tell if the system is disabled, short of testing whether the auto high-beams actually work. Even when disabled, the auto high-beam icon (with the "A" inside) still shows up on the dash when the headlight switch is in the Auto position.

To enable the system:
With the vehicle parked, turn the ignition ON and put the light switch to the Auto position.
Pull back on the light switch lever until the auto high-beam icon flashes once, then release (takes about 30 seconds).
Note: If you hold back the lever for an additional 10 seconds, the icon will flash twice and the system will be disabled.
Below is a short video on the procedure:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts