Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The warning, below, popped during my drive home from work, for some reason. I didn't even have my headlights on, so I can't imagine how there could have, possibly, been a "problem". Anyone have any idea what could have triggered it?

Photo Apr 20, 5 42 38 PM.jpg

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had a similar problem once where it suddenly came up with a Auto head light problem warning and switched off my driving lights (was during day, so not sure what would have happened if at night). When I got to my destination, and turned off/on the engine it disappeared and hasn't happened again. I think there is too much electronics these days and things get buggy. Makes me wonder what will happen several years down the track.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,195 Posts
The warning, below, popped during my drive home from work, for some reason. I didn't even have my headlights on, so I can't imagine how there could have, possibly, been a "problem". Anyone have any idea what could have triggered it?

[iurl="http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=118833&stc=1&d=1524261998"]
[/iurl]
Just be aware of this TSB in case your issue reoccurs
http://techinfo.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SB/AH/A18-006/enu/A18-006.PDF

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same thing and it wasn't dirt. I showed the Honda Dealer and they new immediately what it was so they did a software update which didn't take all the way. Then they had to order a new Multi sensor camera module once that arrived they installed it did the software update and it all went away.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I had the "Auto High Beam" problem message, and got the dealer to install the TSB, which is an update to the camera firmware. (This took me printing the TSB out and taking it in, mind you... The first time, when I just showed them a pic of the message, led to some generic boilerplate about how the Auto High Beams work.)

Maybe it's just my imagination, but LKAS and AHB (and maybe ACC) seem to be working better; maybe the update includes general improvements to the camera?

Anyway, if you are covered by the TSB, might be worth getting it installed before your warranty lapses. (I got it done with 200 miles to spare.)

·
Registered
865 Posts
I had the "Auto High Beam" problem message, and got the dealer to install the TSB, which is an update to the camera firmware. (This took me printing the TSB out and taking it in, mind you... The first time, when I just showed them a pic of the message, led to some generic boilerplate about how the Auto High Beams work.)

Maybe it's just my imagination, but LKAS and AHB (and maybe ACC) seem to be working better; maybe the update includes general improvements to the camera?

Anyway, if you are covered by the TSB, might be worth getting it installed before your warranty lapses. (I got it done with 200 miles to spare.)
While we can't know for sure, what you suggest is definitely a reasonable assumption. Any update may include fixes but gain the benefit of any development work done on the hardware since the initial launch... Probably not new-new features but at least tweaks and streamlining. Or not... Lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
271 Posts
I experienced this once last month, it showed the notification in broad daylight. But it went away when the next time I started the car. Mine is 2017.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I experienced this once last month, it showed the notification in broad daylight. But it went away when the next time I started the car. Mine is 2017.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
Yep, you should get the TSB (18-006) done. It's expected that stopping and re-starting the car will make the message go away, but the bug still lurks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same thing and it wasn't dirt. I showed the Honda Dealer and they new immediately what it was so they did a software update which didn't take all the way. Then they had to order a new Multi sensor camera module once that arrived they installed it did the software update and it all went away.

Good for you!
I'm 4k miles outside of my warranty...guess I'm screwed!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is anyone getting the TSB applied to their out of warranty CR-V's???

Seems like something that is the camera related - and also controls LKAS, cruise control, etc...should be an NTSB mandatory recall item as it is def. safety related!

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,195 Posts
No more of a safety issue than when we had to drive in the olden days without all the electronic safety [email protected] When there is a problem with the camera or radar the system simple disables all that stuff.

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,780 Posts
Duplicate threads merged.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts