Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm waiting for my 2008 CR-V and I have a question. For the US CR-V it's possible that the car locks itself. Does anyone know if this feature is available on European CR-V's also? If so how do I activate it?

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Welcome To The Club

Welcome to the club! I am not sure what you mean by the car locking it self. On the 07 US models the doors have an auto locking feature when you are driving. It has three modes. 1. lock the doors at 9 mph. 2. Deactivated. 3. Lock the doors when the shift lever is moved out of park.

The car has 5 modes for auto unlocking when you stop the car: 1. drivers door when placed in park. 2. drivers door when key goes to accessory. 3. all doors in park. 4. all door in accessory. 5. Deactivated.

To the best of my knowledge there is no auto lock feature when you leave the car. If you don't actively lock the car with either the internal locks, the key in the door lock, or the remote key, the car will not lock itself.

There is one feature on the remote key that I like... if the car is unlocked by the remote key, and the door is not opened within 30 seconds the car will relock itself.

The European models have many features that the US models don't, so there may be more options available.

Welcome to the club and good luck with your new V.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi and thanx for the welcome.
What I meant was I want the car to lock it self when I start driving. I read in the US manual that this feature was available and also how it was changed between the different settings. My question is if this feature is available on the euro models?

Will get delivery the 2nd week of Jan... anyone in the market for a BMW 318 touring :) ?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
What I meant was I want the car to lock it self when I start driving. I read in the US manual that this feature was available and also how it was changed between the different settings. My question is if this feature is available on the euro models?

Will get delivery the 2nd week of Jan... anyone in the market for a BMW 318 touring :) ?
Welcome to the forum! :) Have you tried the Honda Europe web site?

·
Registered
342 Posts

Sweden is a bit far to bring BMW 318 Touring. I had a BMW 318I (1984) at one time. Do you also have Autobahn where you don't have speed limit? When I was in Germany, I enjoyed driving on Autobahn.

Congratulations on your new CR-V! I am also waiting for mine. It should be here late next week. It may be next year, who knows...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In Sweden ~70 mph is the top speed on the highway. Went on a roadtrip to Germany last summer where parts of the autobahn are unrestricted. 110mph-120mph was ok to cruise in. But faster than that became a bit scary. It takes a lot of concentration to drive that fast but it's great fun.
Now with the CR-V I expect to drive a bit more defensive and just cruise :)

2RedV's, I searched the web and got my hands on the US manual for the CR-V, there is where I found the info. Haven't been able to find anything on the euro CR-V's. I will ask the dealer when delivery is coming nearer.

Delivery is set for the 11th of Jan...

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
In Sweden ~70 mph is the top speed on the highway. Went on a roadtrip to Germany last summer where parts of the autobahn are unrestricted. 110mph-120mph was ok to cruise in. But faster than that became a bit scary. It takes a lot of concentration to drive that fast but it's great fun.
Now with the CR-V I expect to drive a bit more defensive and just cruise :)

2RedV's, I searched the web and got my hands on the US manual for the CR-V, there is where I found the info. Haven't been able to find anything on the euro CR-V's. I will ask the dealer when delivery is coming nearer.

Delivery is set for the 11th of Jan...
Honda Sweden CR-V site:

http://www.honda.se/sw14808.asp

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm waiting for my 2008 CR-V and I have a question. For the US CR-V it's possible that the car locks itself. Does anyone know if this feature is available on European CR-V's also? If so how do I activate it?
Hello,

Greetings to you and the rest of the forum members from a Swedish CR-V owner! :)

I received my 2008 CR-V just a few days ago - CR-V Elegance, Sun & Light in Whistler Silver. (It is a model somewhere inbetween 4WD LX and 4WD EX with some cool extras thrown in like a panoramic sunroof, automatic windshield wipers and Xenon headlights. It should have been equipped with tinted rear windows too, but due to some hickup at the Swindon plant in the UK, none of the shipped models had them, so I was offered a 5.000 SEK discount instead.)

Anyway, I tried to enable the auto-lock feature described in the US manual, but it doesn't seem to work... :( I also tried to find out if there is a way to make the mirrors automatically fold when you turn the ignition off, but it does not seem to be available either. Oh well...

Tom

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Welcome To The Club

Its always great to get new members from Europe. The V's are so different from the North American models that we don't generally have a clue how to answer questions. So you guys have to help each other out. It would be helpful if you filled out your location in the profile, especially for us North American owners who start to salivate every time we read about the extensive goodies you get on your Vs. ("Hey! How come that guy got HIDs?" "Because he lives in Europe." "Oh" .... as though Honda just gives thoses goodies away for the same price as a North American V).

Thank you for your reply. Does your manual mention anything about autolocking? All three models have it here, so it would seem that your fully loaded models in Europe would have it.

Good luck with your new V! Post some photos of your V in Sweden! Thanks again for your reply and again welcome to the club.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thank you for your reply. Does your manual mention anything about autolocking? All three models have it here, so it would seem that your fully loaded models in Europe would have it.
Thank you for the warm welcoming!

No, the manual doesn't say anything about autolocking, although I kind of assumed that it would be a standard (undocumented) feature. It doesn't seem to be the case though.

To be frank, I don't quite understand Honda's ways to go about this, disabling features and enabling others in a seemingly random fashion. It is true that the European CR-V's are very well equipped from the basic configuration and upward, but the price tags are also waaaaaay higher than the US models. My version cost nearly 45 K USD (without Nav system and leather seats), so some goodies, like rain sensors, HID lights, turn indicators integrated into the mirrors and such are to be expected at this price range. Still, basic features, such as autolock or windshield wiper fluid level warning lights are strangely missing. Funny. :confused:

Tom

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
OK, I give up, what are rain sensors?

Rain sensors?

You are absolute correct about Honda's weird feature selection. In North America the CR-V is entry level and if you want fancy you buy an Acura. In Canada they have heated mirrors on all the trim lines. In the US, you can't get heated mirrors on anything other than the EX-L. Much of the US has almost as rotton weather as Canada. I think Honda throws darts with accessories printed on them at maps.

It is hard to believe that you don't get the autolock in Europe.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Rain sensors?

You are absolute correct about Honda's weird feature selection. In North America the CR-V is entry level and if you want fancy you buy an Acura. In Canada they have heated mirrors on all the trim lines. In the US, you can't heated mirrors on anything other than the EX-L. Much of the US has as rotton of weather as Canada. I think Honda throws darts with accessories printed on them at maps.

It is hard to believe that you don't get the autolock in Europe.
I shoud have written "automatic windshield wipers". The driver sets the wiper lever to "Auto" and from there on the wipers work automatically. There is a little gadget located just adjacent to the rearview mirror, which (somehow) measures the amount of rain on the windshield and activates the wipers accordingly.

The lack of autolock is a bit surprising to me as well, we certainly have our shady urban areas over here in Europe as well... The CR-V is definitely not entry level over here in Sweden, it is just one price step down from the Honda Legend (Acura).

Tom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts