Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Auto lock programming

13K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  TDOG 
#1 ·
So out of the blue, my auto lock / unlock feature decided to quit. I initially thought my wife could have mess up the programming and tried to programmed it according to the manual. But nothing works.

Anyone have got a clue. I'm owning an 08 model.

#2 ·
The only thing I can think of is that there is an electrical problem that is keeping auto lock/unlock from working. Are the door lock switches and manual lock buttons working as they should? Are all the door lock actuators and tailgate actuator locking and unlocking properly? Any transmission troubles? (The range switch on the transmission tells the car's computer what gear you are in.) Ignition switch working properly? Any blown fuses?

Beyond that, I would just advise trying programming again. I struggled to program remotes for the Accord, only to find out I was skipping a step. (And I'd done this a few times in the past! I'm at the age now where the brain farts are coming on more often than I'd like.)

There are two modes for auto-locking--when the gear selector is moved out of Park (called Park Lock), or when the vehicle exceeds 9 MPH (Drive Lock). There are two auto-unlock modes--one unlocks when you return the shifter to Park (Park Unlock), or the other is when you move the ignition switch from the on/run position (Ignition Switch Unlock). It can also be disabled...but it seems you have a handle on that one. ?

If anyone's curious (and for future reference), here are the manual pages for the procedure:

#5 ·
The only thing I can think of is that there is an electrical problem that is keeping auto lock/unlock from working. Are the door lock switches and manual lock buttons working as they should? Are all the door lock actuators and tailgate actuator locking and unlocking properly? Any transmission troubles? (The range switch on the transmission tells the car's computer what gear you are in.) Ignition switch working properly? Any blown fuses?

Beyond that, I would just advise trying programming again. I struggled to program remotes for the Accord, only to find out I was skipping a step. (And I'd done this a few times in the past! I'm at the age now where the brain farts are coming on more often than I'd like.)

There are two modes for auto-locking--when the gear selector is moved out of Park (called Park Lock), or when the vehicle exceeds 9 MPH (Drive Lock). There are two auto-unlock modes--one unlocks when you return the shifter to Park (Park Unlock), or the other is when you move the ignition switch from the on/run position (Ignition Switch Unlock). It can also be disabled...but it seems you have a handle on that one. ?

If anyone's curious (and for future reference), here are the manual pages for the procedure:

View attachment 136067

View attachment 136068

View attachment 136069

View attachment 136070

View attachment 136071

#3 ·
1. Check fuse #25 (interior fuse box). Or maybe another fuse?

2. Check the position of the lever that controls the Childproof Door Locks. It's located in the rear door jamb. Maybe somehow that overrides the door autolock features?

3. Long Shot: Try pressing the Window Main Switch. It's a button right next to the master door lock switch. I doubt that's the problem, but it's an easy test.

4. Try reprogramming (again).

5. Last Resort: Maybe it's a simple fix at the Dealer.

#7 ·
So the issue for my 2009 CRV is that the door auto lock/unlock features are not working as described in the manual. Currently, the doors automatically lock when the car turns on. I tried to disengage this feature by turning the ignition to the II position, opening the driver's side door, and pushing the lock button for 5 seconds, then removing the key from the ignition. I did hear a switch, but still, each time I turn the car on, all 4 doors lock automatically. I decided that I could live with this as long as I could get all 5 doors to automatically unlock when I put it in park (currently only the driver's side unlocks in park). With all doors closed and the shifter in park, I put the key in the II position, and held the unlock button for 10 seconds (more that that actually). I never heard the clicks that were described in the manual and on the videos that I watched. I removed the key after that, and that definitely did not fix the problem. What is the issue here? I've heard of another person having a similar issue with the park unlock feature on a 2011 Odyssey. It's really annoying that not only is the park unlock feature not working, but I can't disable the auto lock feature at all. Anyone have any experience with how to fix this? Thank you!

#8 ·
So the issue for my 2009 CRV is that the door auto lock/unlock features are not working as described in the manual. Currently, the doors automatically lock when the car turns on. I tried to disengage this feature by turning the ignition to the II position, opening the driver's side door, and pushing the lock button for 5 seconds, then removing the key from the ignition...
Make sure you're pushing the FRONT of the lock button.

Also, when you're finished, leave the key in the LOCK (0) position. Then close the door and start the engine.

Not sure all that'll work but -- aside from the frustration -- at least it's easy to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.