Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I want the car to lock the doors automaticly when i start moving. All my previous cars had this feature. How do you turn it on?

Thank you

·
Registered
2018 CR-V Touring
135 Posts
I'm pretty sure this is set by the dealer during prep since mine was off and I had to turn it on. You didn't mention what trim - I think it's only EX and above. From your display go to settings and I believe it's under vehicle. You can set it up to lock when you start to move or as soon as you shift out of P. While there you can also look at other settings including when to unlock and what to do when you walk away from the car/etc.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Iam from Turkey so we have different trim levels here. I checked every menu on the system but there is no option to turn auto lock on. Mine is the lowest trim level but have the adaptive cruise and lane keep assist etc. Safety features are standart here. But i don’t have for example keyless go or leather seats.

·
Registered
2018 CR-V AWD Touring
376 Posts
Iam from Turkey so we have different trim levels here. I checked every menu on the system but there is no option to turn auto lock on. Mine is the lowest trim level but have the adaptive cruise and lane keep assist etc. Safety features are standart here. But i don’t have for example keyless go or leather seats.
Take a look at the CR-V Personalized Settings Worksheet, then check your owners manual or speak with your dealer.

https://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/137-2017-present-official-specs-features-etc-gen-5/175394-cr-v-personalized-settings-worksheet.html

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
4,985 Posts
head unit has all that info so check that out along with your owners manual

·
Registered
183 Posts
I had to download the Honda app to get those settings. The tech guy at the Honda dealership walked me, and every other buyer, through the setup of all the settings. Maybe you can get into programmer mode to access the full menu via the head unit?

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I had to download the Honda app to get those settings. The tech guy at the Honda dealership walked me, and every other buyer, through the setup of all the settings. Maybe you can get into programmer mode to access the full menu via the head unit?
Unfortunately features vary from country to country depending on the laws of that country and what the dealerships in that country decide are the features they want in order to maintain a certain price point.

In this case I suspect it might be a legal requirement that Turkey recently introduced . I am not sure what his Honda does by default but I can imagine that some countries might want the doors to lock the moment you move out of Park Mode. On the flip side the dealer might have opted to just have a standard setting to simplify things.

Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts