Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there guys! I'm writing from Argentina. I have a 2016 CRV LX (manufactured in Mexico).

For security reasons, I need the car to lock all doors once I shift out of Park. But I can't seem to figure it out.
First of all, it's not in the options menu of the small screen. So after some research, I found that you can set it up through a series of steps:

1- Close driver's door and put car in Park.
2- Turn the ignition to the On (II) position.
3- Press and hold the lock side of the master lock switch for five seconds until you hear two clicks.
4- Turn the ignition to the lock position (0).

Well... I tried those steps several times and I never got the "two clicks".
I then came across some similar step by step but including the parking break. Same thing... doesn't work.

Can you guys please help me? Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Go to your owners manual page 116 then 117 then 118 and 119
Page 116 press menu button push up or down button to Customize Setting’s page 117.
Press Source Button. Push up or down button until you get to Customize settings page 118.
Push up or down to Door Settings Page 119. Push up or down to AUTO DOOR LOCK then it will say WITH VEHICALE SPEED OR SHIFT FROM PARK click SHIFT FROM PARK.
Then it should lock all doors.
But this may only pertain to 2016 CRV Touring model which I have. I hope this helps.:)
AL

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks @alm940

Unfortunately I don't have that option on the iMid screen. It seems that the only way is doing that series of steps but still not working.
If anything else can help me I will appreciate it.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts