Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the CR-V set to auto-lock the doors when the vehicle travels above 9 mph. It had been working fine for several years until recently. It used to only auto-lock when the first time after the car was put into drive and the vehicle reached the minimum mph. Now, while traveling, if I dip below 9 mph (stop sign, etc) and then go back over 9 mph, the vehicle tries to lock again. This has never been an issue before but is starting to become annoying. Does my description make sense? Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Just a wild guess, but maybe you have an issue with the door switch? I know when they get old they get worn out or when the seat belt gets caught on them they can break. I have not seen them cause your specific issue, but I have read where they cause issues with the remote lock and unlock buttons.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hi there, what year is your CRV?

I just got a letter from Honda concerning a settlement for 2007-2008 Honda CRV's and certain 2009 CRV's. My CRV is a 2007 and my letter says that the front driver's side lock actuator (even if the door is working) needs to be replaced. If any CRV owner of these years has already replaced the actuator, the car owner will be reimbursed. I was told to take my CRV to an Honda dealership and the actuator will be replaced free of charge. Also, if the door lock actuator malfunctions, you may be eligible to receive a door lock actuator repair under an extended warranty without charge.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts