Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No less than 95 out of 100 times when I close my 2019 Touring (5000 miles) driver door I get three beeps indicating not closed. Open and close it again and only sometimes get the desired one beep. I was taught never to SLAM a car door but I do that the second or third time ocasionally and it still gives the three beeps sometimes. BAD WORD. Does anyone else experience this? For grins sometimes I'll open and close the back door or walk around and open & close a door on other side and am rewarded with a single beep. Seriously? It's hardly a real walk-away to freedom system - more like I'm frustrated and angry.

Related question: Anyone know if the beeps can be made louder? If I'm parking in any type of noisy area, near a highway or traffic, etc., I often cannot hear the beeps at all and have to just hope the car is locked.

Thanx for any info.

·
Registered
434 Posts
You have to wait until the dashboard splash screen shuts down before exiting

if you leave the car too early it wont do the walk away lock, it will do a bunch of beeps to alert you.

system needs to load before working

·
Registered
89 Posts
Or, instead of playing around you can lock it with the fob.

If it gives me the three beeps or no beep, I just push the button and keep walking.

·
Registered
98 Posts
No less than 95 out of 100 times when I close my 2019 Touring (5000 miles) driver door I get three beeps indicating not closed. Open and close it again and only sometimes get the desired one beep. I was taught never to SLAM a car door but I do that the second or third time ocasionally and it still gives the three beeps sometimes. BAD WORD. Does anyone else experience this? For grins sometimes I'll open and close the back door or walk around and open & close a door on other side and am rewarded with a single beep. Seriously? It's hardly a real walk-away to freedom system - more like I'm frustrated and angry.

Related question: Anyone know if the beeps can be made louder? If I'm parking in any type of noisy area, near a highway or traffic, etc., I often cannot hear the beeps at all and have to just hope the car is locked.

Thanx for any info.
@MommaNonna

This is a reprint from a Honda Service News article dated January 2019 (09294 Ver1)

Walk Away Auto Lock Feature Rapidly Beeps

AFFECTED VEHICLES
All Models with Keyless Access

The walk away auto lock feature offers the convenience of automatically locking all of the doors and the tailgate (if
equipped) when you walk away from the vehicle carrying the keyless remote.

The factory default setting for this feature is OFF, so, for it to work, you must first set it to ON through the Display Audio
by selecting Settings, Vehicle, Door and Window Setup, Walk Away Auto Lock, and Yes. When you exit the vehicle
and all of the doors and the tailgate (if equipped) are closed, the feature will start polling (searching) for the keyless
remote for 30 seconds. If the remote is detected, you'll hear a single beep.

Once the remote is detected outside the vehicle, the LED on the keyless remote will rapidly blink if the remote stays
within the feature's operating range. That range is about a 5-foot radius off the sides and rear of the vehicle.

This polling goes on until either the 30 seconds runs out, or within that time, you step outside the operating range. Once
the polling stops or you walk out of range before it stops, some exterior lights will blink, you'll hear another beep, and all
doors and the tailgate (if equipped) will lock.

If the keyless remote isn't detected while polling when you exit the vehicle and all of the doors and the tailgate (if
equipped) are closed, you'll hear instead a series of rapid beeps to remind you of that, and the doors and tailgate (if
equipped) will remain unlocked. Unfortunately, some customers may find those rapid beeps to be worrisome and/or
annoying, leading them to think there's something wrong with the vehicle.

Truth is, there's nothing wrong; the feature is just doing what it's supposed to do. You can get those rapid beeps for a
number of reasons. Here's the lowdown:

• The power tailgate (if equipped) fully closes well after you've stepped out of the feature's operating range with the
remote.
• You quickly step away from the vehicle while slowly closing the last door, and you're now out of range with the
remote by the time that door fully closes.
• You've stepped out of range with the remote by the time the last door closed (by a passenger, for example).
• You're in range when the last door or the tailgate (if equipped) closes, but because the keyless remote is next to
your cell phone or other electronic device, the remote is masked and can't be detected.

Keep this in mind if you get a vehicle in for this issue. And be sure to pass this along to the service advisors so they can
educate their customers.

As to your other question about increasing the volume of the beeper, no it is not possible.

I hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@MommaNonna

This is a reprint from a Honda Service News article dated January 2019 (09294 Ver1)

Walk Away Auto Lock Feature Rapidly Beeps

AFFECTED VEHICLES
All Models with Keyless Access

The walk away auto lock feature offers the convenience of automatically locking all of the doors and the tailgate (if
equipped) when you walk away from the vehicle carrying the keyless remote.

The factory default setting for this feature is OFF, so, for it to work, you must first set it to ON through the Display Audio
by selecting Settings, Vehicle, Door and Window Setup, Walk Away Auto Lock, and Yes. When you exit the vehicle
and all of the doors and the tailgate (if equipped) are closed, the feature will start polling (searching) for the keyless
remote for 30 seconds. If the remote is detected, you'll hear a single beep.

Once the remote is detected outside the vehicle, the LED on the keyless remote will rapidly blink if the remote stays
within the feature's operating range. That range is about a 5-foot radius off the sides and rear of the vehicle.

This polling goes on until either the 30 seconds runs out, or within that time, you step outside the operating range. Once
the polling stops or you walk out of range before it stops, some exterior lights will blink, you'll hear another beep, and all
doors and the tailgate (if equipped) will lock.

If the keyless remote isn't detected while polling when you exit the vehicle and all of the doors and the tailgate (if
equipped) are closed, you'll hear instead a series of rapid beeps to remind you of that, and the doors and tailgate (if
equipped) will remain unlocked. Unfortunately, some customers may find those rapid beeps to be worrisome and/or
annoying, leading them to think there's something wrong with the vehicle.

Truth is, there's nothing wrong; the feature is just doing what it's supposed to do. You can get those rapid beeps for a
number of reasons. Here's the lowdown:

• The power tailgate (if equipped) fully closes well after you've stepped out of the feature's operating range with the
remote.
• You quickly step away from the vehicle while slowly closing the last door, and you're now out of range with the
remote by the time that door fully closes.
• You've stepped out of range with the remote by the time the last door closed (by a passenger, for example).
• You're in range when the last door or the tailgate (if equipped) closes, but because the keyless remote is next to
your cell phone or other electronic device, the remote is masked and can't be detected.

Keep this in mind if you get a vehicle in for this issue. And be sure to pass this along to the service advisors so they can
educate their customers.

As to your other question about increasing the volume of the beeper, no it is not possible.

I hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts