Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am kinda annoyed at how long the Automatic Column Shifter is on my '02 CRV. It seems to generally stick out very far and seems unnecessary. There have been a few times when I have tried to turn the radio down/up or change the channel and have bumped the Column Shifter. I am hoping to be able to switch this out with a shorter column but I have not been able to find one.

Is this just something that I will not be able to change? Or has someone had luck with finding a shorter Column Shifter to replace the OEM one with?

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,191 Posts
I've never heard of anyone else wanting to do that....so I bet you can't (easily).

As an alternative, later model Gen2s have column mounted radio controls. Is your '02 an LX or is it a higher trim? Might be possible to install that stuff and a later OEM head-unit so that you don't need to 'reach around'.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the response! It may just be me needing to get used to the vehicle. I will definitely look into the column mounted radio controls. I have a EX trim
I had the same thing when I first got the vehicle. Went to turn the music up whilst cruising on the motorway and hit the gear lever. The radio has now broken so not had this problem for a while.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
2002c never had controls on the EX colum shifter.

If you got some experience in metal work you can modify yours, remember the OD button and wire and threads need to be moved.

Reactions: mgwarren
1 - 5 of 5 Posts