Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The automatic all door lock when reaching 10 mph has stopped working. Locking all doors works perfectly with the key fob and also with the switch on the drivers door. The car has been several times at the local Honda dealer and they have been unable to repair it. Any suggestions?:confused:

·
Registered
280 Posts
There is a procedure to stop the automatic door locks by programming the keyfob. I have my 09 set this way. Try re-programming the keyfob to turn on this feature.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dear bchan42 Tks for your answer. Indeed I want to reprogram the system to automatically lock doors at 10 mph. Can you explain the procedure to reprogram through the keyfob? My owners manual only shows a procedure to reprogram through the door lock switch in the drivers door, but no instructions for doing it with the keyfob. Best regards

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, drivezki. I have already tried the procedures in the owners manual. The programing procedure states that the power lock will make an audible click during the procedure, and a second audible click aprox 5 seconds later. The second click is not working and the local Honda dealer has not been able to repair it.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
I actually hate automatic locking. First thing I disabled on mine. I can sort of understand why some want their doors to get locked immediately, but why wait until a certain speed is reached? Car hijackers run faster than 10 mph?

Anyway, just my opinion. I would not own a vehicle if automatic locking could not be disabled.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear drivezki I have a similar problem with a 2009 CRV without the keyless entry feature. It does not lock the doors when starting the engine or when reaching 10mph. When trying to reprogram with the instructions in the owners manual I do not get the second click in the system and so it does not get any locking results. I can only lock the doors with the switch on the driver side door or with the button on the car key. Any suggestions. Where can I obtain the electrical circuit for the door lock system, so that I can check the components for malfuntion?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts