Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Recently purchased a used 2001 CR-V for a reasonable price, with one of the caveats being that the automatic door locks do not unlock ANY of the doors. I have been locking/unlocking the doors by using the key on the drivers side and having to manually pull up the lock knobs/pins for the other doors. The silver switch on the driver's door does not unlock any of the locks, even when closed inside the car. The 3rd party key-fob that came with the vehicle does not unlock the doors, but the car does beep when the lock/unlock button is pressed, giving me the idea that the doors would have unlocked.

After researching this issue, and taking apart the door, here are some things to note about the situation:

-The wires between the door and the body under the boot look perfectly fine and do not appear to look frayed or damaged.
-I am not aware if the actuator has an issue since I've only been able to locked/unlocked the car manually.
-I have checked the fuses under the hood and under the steering wheel, and they both appear to be in good condition.
-The mirror adjustment, power window, and speaker all work on the drivers side door. The windows and speakers work on all other doors as well.
-The issue persists no matter if the engine is on or off.

I'm thinking it could be the Keyless Lock Control, an unseen wired connection issue, or for some reason the actuator itself.

Any insight, thoughts, or ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Russ
Did anyone help with this? Did you figure it out? I have the same exact issue. My locks occasionally sound like they are "trying" to open some doors when I use the switch in the door, but otherwise nothing.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
The 3rd party key-fob that came with the vehicle does not unlock the doors, but the car does beep when the lock/unlock button is pressed, giving me the idea that the doors would have unlocked.
The "3rd party key-fob" and the beep suggests to me there's an aftermarket alarm/security system installed.
Is there any identifying information on the keyfob?
This is what the Honda remote looks like for the 1997-2001 1st Gen CR-Vs.

https://www.handa-accessories.com/s10.jpg

All 1st Gens came with the remote entry receiver/controller in the driver's (left) side front door, but LX models didn't come with the remotes.
If you had an LX you could buy a pair of Honda remotes and program them to work.

Did anyone help with this? Did you figure it out? I have the same exact issue. My locks occasionally sound like they are "trying" to open some doors when I use the switch in the door, but otherwise nothing.
Your profile says you have a 2004 CR-V, which is very different than the 1997-2001 1st Gen CR-Vs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts