Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 EX-L CRV with navigation. The lack of automatic headlights has caused me to drain my battery twice and the front seat armrests are too short and thin. The 2010 EX-L CRV comes with automatic headlights and the armrest problem has apparently also been addressed in the 2010 car. So my questions are : (1) is there a way to retrofit automatic headlights (? using the method employed in the 2010 car or some other method) to my 2008 car, and (2) could the better armrests in the 2010 be retrofitted onto the 2008 car? Any advice/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree with you on the armrest problem

I don't have the answers you want, just the same problem with the armrests.

How much longer are the 2010 armrests? I have a 2009 and would replace them in a minute with more comfortable ones if available. Hope you get some good advise.........I'll be watching too.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
You can order 2010 armrest and swap them out, they will fill. The 2010 armrest are wider.

As for the auto headlights, there's alot there, not saying it can't be done but it will cost - LOTS!

Option 2- Trade up to a 2010:D. And call it a Christmas present to yourself;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
As for the auto headlights, there's alot there, not saying it can't be done but it will cost - LOTS!
I wonder why that is? I almost have no experience working with electronics (specifically in cars that is), but I would've thought a DIYer would be able to hook up some LDR based circuit that would activate the relay that controls the headlights? Purely just spitting out the first thing that comes to mind here really :)

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Well it has to do with the different wiring harness in the 2010. Then there's the switch, the sensor, the relay, and the different ECU.

But hey, if you think it can be done. Let us all know how it goes and how much money you had to spend.:D But like I said before, anything is possible but it's going to take work and lots of new parts. And that = $.

·
Registered
100 Posts
head light delay

I got a price of $140 for the delay head light switch, I haven't done it yet, I guess I am waiting to run down the battery first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts