Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Can someone please explain to me how does the automatic parking brake function? Is the LX 2WD even equipped with it? I have been using at as a normal parking break and lift up the switch whenever i put the vehicle in park. That said, what exactly is automatic about this feature? Anyone care to explain? so i can verify if this works as expected in my car?

·
Registered
310 Posts
You can set it to automatically engage on power off of the vehicle. It will then automatically disengage when you power up, put the seat belt on, change to a drive gear and press the gas. At any time you can still manually operate it with the switch. So it can auto engage when parked and engine off. I set ours to auto so that if the car is not in Park and the power button is turned off, the car won’t roll. This can happen with the default settings, which could lead to a very bad day for you and your car.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You can set it to automatically engage on power off of the vehicle. It will then automatically disengage when you power up, put the seat belt on, change to a drive gear and press the gas. At any time you can still manually operate it with the switch. So it can auto engage when parked and engine off. I set ours to auto so that if the car is not in Park and the power button is turned off, the car won’t roll. This can happen with the default settings, which could lead to a very bad day for you and your car.
How do you turn it on?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Activating and Deactivating the Automatic Parking Brake Feature (ebrake)
Procedure requires engaging the EBrake Three Times (Steps 3, 4 & 5)

Setup
1. Ignition ON
2. Shift to PARK

Parking Brake Sequence
3. Activate the PARKING BRAKE (pull up and release)
4. Pull up PARKING BRAKE again and HOLD until BEEPING
5. Release PARKING BRAKE and within 3 Seconds Pull Up and HOLD Again until BEEPING

Results
6. Two BEEPS means AUTO EBRAKE is Active
One BEEP means AUTO EBRAKE is Deactivated

Background:
I have the auto ebrake set to ensure the car does not roll if it's not in park when the Stop button is pushed.

When enabled, the CRV emergency brake (ebrake or auto parking brake) will engage everytime the engine is turned off and it will disengage when you start it, put on the seatbelt, go into gear and press the gas. Or it will disengage manually anytime you press the ebrake switch down. In this mode, the car's Running Lights won't engage until you go into gear.

·
Registered
139 Posts
That was wrong of me to assume that he was wrong. I never knew Honda's had an automatic parking brake feature. Nice to know now.
There's a thread about the auto parking brake and battery drain issues and the TSB that corrects the problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.