Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2,000 Crv that is an automatic trans car. I also have '99 manual Crv...can I put the manual trans in the '00....are the bodies different?

·
Everything in Moderation
8,178 Posts
Might be more difficult than you think...research carefully.

We did the same 'conversion' on a car back in the 80s (not a Honda)...it was a PITA, many attachments (welded/captured nuts) were missing...required some fabrication and welding... :(

My advice is to drive the automatic and save your money for another car. Really.

·
Registered
40 Posts
+1. Very expensive if you don’t plan on doing it yourself. Lots of people do the conversion on sportier cars, but with the wealth of information online, it is becoming easier and easier. I don’t think CRVs have as many DIYs on doing the conversion, although I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Agreed--don't waste time and money on the conversion. It's also a 20 year old car and won't last much longer. Better off to find a manual first gen CR-V in really nice condition, if you want one for a daily driver.

If it's just to tinker around with and learn something, though, it might be worth looking into it. I'm looking into resurrecting my old '97 for an event, so if I pull off the cylinder head or try to repair the trans myself (parking pawl is messed up), it's no big loss--I just have the scrap yard haul it off to the crusher.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts