Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 CR-V and I always connect my iPhone via BT to listen to music. When I turn my car on podcasts automatically start playing instead of my iTunes even if iTunes was the last music source. On my phone I close out the podcast app and the music app, but it still starts playing podcasts. I there a setting I need to change or do I need to open the iTunes app before I get in my car all of the time? Thanks!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2012 CR-V and I always connect my iPhone via BT to listen to music. When I turn my car on podcasts automatically start playing instead of my iTunes even if iTunes was the last music source. On my phone I close out the podcast app and the music app, but it still starts playing podcasts. I there a setting I need to change or do I need to open the iTunes app before I get in my car all of the time? Thanks!!
I do not have this problem, but try using "Restrictions" to disable the Podcast app from being accessed.
http://www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-remove-podcasts-app-from-ios-8-on-iphone-ipad/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion! It stopped playing the podcasts automatically, BUT now it doesn't start playing anything!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion! It stopped playing the podcasts automatically, BUT now it doesn't start playing anything!!
I use Audible for listening to audio books. It mostly gets it right, but occasionally it doesn't start, or starts iTunes/Music instead.

When it doesn't auto start, sometimes switching audio sources away from Bluetooth and then back again will get it to start. After that if it still doesn't start you need to actually use the iPhone.
In my old 2012 I used the AUX/Bluetooth button to cycle Play/Pause for Bluetooth. In the 2015 there is a Pause/Play button on touchscreen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts