Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

We are having mixed results with various 3.5mm Audio cables, to plug any audio device into the AUX connector in our CR-V.

Out of a handful of cables that we have tried, only ONE actually appeared to work.
While plugging it into the port in the car, the Stereo automatically switches to AUX conection, shown on the display (this was both WITH and WITHOUT an actual iPod or iPhone connected on the other end).

However with the other cables we tried (all new), plugging them into the AUX port, the Stereo doesnt even detect the cable has been plugged into the Port.

Can I ask what peoples experiences are, with 3.5mm audio leads? Any brands that you know to work well.
It seems some have a slightly LONGER plug on them (still of 3.5mm width), which seems to work well in the car - while others seem to be a fraction shorter, and dont "register" when being plugged in.

Anyone experiencing this too? Appreciate feedback.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I tried a non branded cable - and whilst it did not automatically switch to AUX. When I manually switched it on the stereo itself - it played my music off my phone no problems.
For the cables you say are not auto-detecting - do they work if you switch the stereo to AUX?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any update here? I know this an old thread...
I have a 2010 Honda CR-V EX-L (with navigation, so no 3.5 mm audio jack) and my aux cable for the ipod works. I tried connecting a 3.5 mm audio cable from Amazon so that I could play music from Spotify of my Samsung S9+ and it did not work. I tried the same cable with an ipod, and that didn't work.

I'm looking for a fairly simple solution to play music from my android phone. Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts