Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 CRV, and just received a pair of the AVS stick on Ventvisors.

However, I'm concerned that they may not look that great as they will end up covering the chrome door trim.

So, I'm wondering if I should exchange them for the In-Channel Ventvisors, but have concerns they might interfere with the operation of the windows, or end up scratching them.

Looking for your insight.

Thank you,
m

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS:

Also looking at the Weathertech In Channel vents, and they appear to be near OEM quality.

Have any of you guys installed these vents in the front windows only?

Thank you again,
m

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
In-Channel have much less chance of cracking, and no they don’t scratch the window. That’s all I use.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I just installed a set of Weathertech vents in all 4 doors of my '12 V. They went in very easy, look great and work great...I have noticed when I drive with the drivers window down I don't get the vortex wind any more...big plus...not noisy at highway speeds...Great purchase imo.

·
Registered
868 Posts
IMO. they spoil the looks of the vehicle. Check vehicles on the road. Not many have them.
Ditto.

I was one of the less than 10% of owners one time who thought there were benefits to those things. There are none. That is why car manufactures don't have them included in the design on their vehicles.

Having said that, at least the clear in-channel units don't look ugly.

:D

·
Registered
31 Posts
I installed the WeatherTech in-channel vent. It is great in the front window. In the rear window, you need to extra tape to fit the gap. Do you consider the Honda OEM one? It come with the chrome door trim.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ditto.

I was one of the less than 10% of owners one time who thought there were benefits to those things. There are none. That is why car manufactures don't have them included in the design on their vehicles.

Having said that, at least the clear in-channel units don't look ugly.

:D
The only real benefit is you can leave the windows cracked open in the summer to help keep the interior a little cooler

m

·
Registered
522 Posts
The only real benefit is you can leave the windows cracked open in the summer to help keep the interior a little cooler
Maybe a little. But vehicles are not airtight as long as you don't leave them in recirc mode. When it's hot in the summer, it's hot everywhere.

I don't like the looks of those visors.

Some folks feel that they have to buy every little accessory available. Stuck on with tape or not.

To each their own. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the WeatherTech in-channel ones for the front and rear. I don't think they are very noticeable. In fact, my wife didn't even know I had installed them for several days, until I pointed them out. They are invaluable in the Texas heat, especially when combined with a front window reflective screen.

·
Registered
381 Posts
We have the Weathertech ones also, on our pair of 2015 Tourings. They install in about 30 seconds each and have had no problems so far. I love that I can leave the windows open in the parking lot at work, even if it is raining, without it being obvious. (from break ins or rain damage to controls on door) We also installed the matching visors for the sunroof.

Here's a pic of mine, with Weathertech in channel style:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts