Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Deposit is paid, checked out A-1 by my mechanic. Soon as a sensor arrives to cancel the CEL, balance gets paid and it's mine. Patience, patience...lol...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The pix, like the CR-V, are coming!
Waiting for the check engine light to be cleared before making the final payment - needs a sensor, which is being shipped in, hopefully early this coming week. Looking forward to getting it home and having a few maintenance items, mostly fluids, taken care of before I head out to Central Newfoundland for a test road trip. Patience, patience...lol...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
DONE! Finally took delivery tonight, 2005 CR-V EX AWD auto., 162,500 kms. on it, very clean and well maintained. The owner just had a bunch of work done at Honda - there's a fistful of receipts with large numbers on them. It runs well, feels rock solid. There's zero body rust, and nothing but very light corrosion underneath, which is VIP in this neck of the woods - we get a lot of freeze/thaw, and the road crews don't spare the salt. Soon as the fluids are changed, the next item will be rustproofing and undercoating; I really want to get years out of this rig. Nice to get it wrapped up. Off to the MVR people tomorrow, get it transferred and registered. Hoping to pick up a set of crossbars while I'm in town. I'll get a few pix up, soonest.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Nice to hear your finally got it. I haven't been to u pick my self lately on any of the nice days we have had. If you have time pay your 2 bucks and take a walk through there you never know you might find a set.
Take a pic tomorrow and show us what she looks like.

Cheers
ZAZE

·
Registered
121 Posts
Good Looking V! I like the dark colors. I bet shes gonna sparkle when shes gets a wash and wax. Too bad we have 2 months of winter left lol :)

She Perfect!

Cheers
ZAZE

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Soon as the fluids are changed, the next item will be rustproofing and undercoating; I really want to get years out of this rig.
Smart man! Best thing you can do the all the components underneath like exhaust and brakes parts. Not to mention keeping that rust free body looking good for years to come!

Enjoy, it’s a beaut!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, the salt is killer around here - lots of freeze/thaw, so the road crews are lavish with it. I reckon a good undercoating and rustchecking adds a year per treatment to the vehicle's life...pretty cheap ride....

·
Registered
121 Posts
LOL :)

When the weather warms up and you head in to town you'll have to swing by I hook you up with some very nice professional liquefied caranuba wax.
Excellent stuff and you can use it pretty much like a quick detailer.

Cheers
ZAZE

Almost forgot what did she set you back?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
For sure...I guess one wax job won't kill it, and I'd like to see your '06...as to what she set me back, more than I'd intended to spend on a rig, for sure, but then there's the fistful of very recent receipts in the glovebox with largish numbers on 'em, and it does look to be in near-showroom shape...

Gonna run it thru the carwash tomorrow to get the crap off the undercarriage, let it dry off well for a few days, then go see the Krown Rustproofing lads. Winter's over, isn't it...well, isn't it?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Keep Dreamin winters not over until we felt shelia's brush :)

Try to go through as few automatic car washes as possible. Better for the ride if you do it your self. The triple C uwash bays in mount pearl are pretty good but pricey. 13 bucks and thats if your fast...haha.

Cheers
ZAZE

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
PK - There's a U-Wash at the North Atlantic in Kelligrews...was thinking the carwash mainly re the undercarriage, where it's hard to get with a hose...otherwise, my rigs get a driveway hose and brush job, very occasionally...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts