Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 with 99k miles. When I accelerate from a stopped position my vehicle has a vibration/shake which appears to come from the front. Once I take my foot off the accelerator the vibration stops. My mechanic told me that would be indicative of the axles needing to be replaced. He tried 2 different sets. The second set made a slight difference but it didn't quite do the job.

The motor mounts were checked and determined to still be good. Upon research my mechanic found out that some Honda CRV's (maybe other Honda's also) require Honda axles. The axles he put in were new, not rebuilt but they weren't Honda axles. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Do you still have the original set of axles? yes, its most likely the axles have problems. If you still have the original axles. I would suggest to reinstall them back 1 at a time. It could be only 1 is bad. Let me know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you still have the original set of axles? yes, its most likely the axles have problems. If you still have the original axles. I would suggest to reinstall them back 1 at a time. It could be only 1 is bad. Let me know.
Yes I had the originals put back in.

·
Registered
172 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts