Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rolled 200K on our 08 EXL this past week which meant it was time for a service Saturday. Oil/filter, Plugs, Transmission fluid, rear diff fluid, tire rotation and general inspection. Started off around 11:30 Saturday and had it wrapped up by 1PM. Got her up on jack stands and started with the oil/filter change. While that was draining, I pulled the plugs. No leaks around the valve cover or plug tubes which was good. All plugs were burning clean and the gap on the old plugs had opened up a bit. In with a new set of NKG plugs, and job done. Next up was the tranny service. Fluid was dark after 100k but clear. Not a lot of mung on the drain magnet either. One thing I did notice and I should have been checking it was that the tranny fluid level was down a couple ounces. I ended up adding at least 3oz to the system to get it up in the hot zone on the dipstick. Shifts great now, nice and smooth. Note to self, start checking tranny fluid at least monthly. Next came the rear diff. Fluid was clear with no odor. The biggest challenge here was breaking free the plugs. Started with the fill and then the drain. A long breaker bar is in order for this. Cleaned up both plugs and added new crush washers to all (including tranny drain plug). Topped the diff off and torqued the plug back down. Rotated tires and checked brakes. Since my son drives this now in WV, brakes do not go as far. He is home again in two weeks and I have a new set of pads/rotors for all four corners coming in later this week. I will also be doing a PS fluid flush when I do the brakes. That fluid was looking rather dark as well.

It was a good couple hours work, no surprises and she is ready to go to 300K. I used all Honda fluids for this service with the exception of the motor oil which was Mobile One Synthetic High Mileage.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts