Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 CR-V Touring
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a B6 code (change read differential fluid) after only 15K miles....

Does this seem right? I await the knowledge of the forum...

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Mine has never shown B6 in 50K miles/6 years.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,777 Posts
The 6 code comes up first at 15K miles, then every 30K miles after that.

Reactions: intruder1500

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I have my full service log book in front of me. They have performed B, B2, AB, B7, AB2, 8(?), AB service.

No differential oil listed in any lines.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,180 Posts
I have my full service log book in front of me. They have performed B, B2, AB, B7, AB2, 8(?), AB service.

No differential oil listed in any lines.
Not surprising, early gen 4s didn't have the maintenance minder pop up for the diff at 15k. Honda started having problems with the diffs and changed the MM schedule in an effort to prevent issues.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Good info, thanks.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,180 Posts
The codes can also vary somewhat from region to region. Example in the USA, A= oil change without a filter change and B= oil change with filter. But in Canada they change the oil filter with every oil change, they don't have a B code. Which is a USA EPA thing.

·
Premium Member
2018 CR-V Touring
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 6 code comes up first at 15K miles, then every 30K miles after that.
Okie Dokie. I guess I'll have it done then; just seems kinda soon... If Mother Honda was having problems, I surely don't want to be a victim...

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,777 Posts
Another thing to note (if you are new to Honda's Maintenance Minder): The code to have the service performed comes up 'close to' the next oil change. So services like diff fluid could be triggered a few miles 'early'. Then, if you decline those services, the warning will be reset with the oil change notification, and you won't get another reminder.

IIRC, the early initial notification is to flush out wear metals resulting from the initial break-in of the differential & clutches within it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts