Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 1997, when the first CR-V's debuted, I bought one of the first ones off the lot. It had a chrome grill instead of the black one and was a lovely dark green color. I LOVED that car, but it became a bit small when I had my second child so I traded it for a Honda Odyssey that I had for 11.5 years. It was a great car, but I longed to get back in a smaller, more gas efficient vehicle again. Lo and behold, when the time came to purchase a new car, the CR-V won out again! I pick up my Obsidian Blue EX this week! So excited!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Congrats on your new V!

Like everything else, style and design are personal preferences. I have an '09 gen 3 model and love it, but in our rural mountain state I kind of wish that Honda had remained with the 'real' SUV style of the earlier generations. When it recently became time to retire my old Toyota Corolla we shopped around and decided to get a new '15 Pilot before they also transformed into a 'Big CRV'. I like the rugged 'boxy' look more than the streamlined modern styles, but it looks like that trend is fading in general. But things come and things go so with any luck the trend will be 'new' again by the time we need to replace our current Hondas ;-)

·
Registered
381 Posts
We had a 2000 CRV, and since left for Toyota Rav4, Lexus RX-330, and a Nissan Pathfinder. We came back last week, also, and replaced two of them with 2015 Touring AWD leftovers. (obsidian blue and copper sunset) The new vehicles are NOTHING like the 2000. It is larger, has a better ride, better mileage, and a lot of luxury features that even challenge the Lexus one of them replaced.

You're going to love it! :)

Rhody

1 - 3 of 3 Posts