Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 CRV my back up camera is 12 inches out of caliber, my camera shows i am on the line on the drivers side and when i open my door im am actually inside the parking lines my 12 inches.Can this camera be recalibrated. The dealer told me to not use the camera to back up.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,715 Posts
The dealer told me to not use the camera to back up.
Hilarious! Ask them why anyone NAMED it a "Back Up Camera" if this is the case. :rolleyes:

It SHOULD be able to be calibrated/aimed. Your car wasn't ever 'bumped' by an errant parker (or involved in an accident)?

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Actually, my 2014 Owners Manual calls it a "Multi-View Rear Camera", but then the description and use information page does say "Visually confirm that it is safe to drive before backing up."

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,882 Posts
2017 CRV my back up camera is 12 inches out of caliber, my camera shows i am on the line on the drivers side and when i open my door im am actually inside the parking lines my 12 inches.Can this camera be recalibrated. The dealer told me to not use the camera to back up.
The backup camera system is designed to give you better visibility than your rear view mirror when you are backing out of a parking space or garage.

It is not designed to be a precise camera for navigation in backing into parking spaces, though it may well help with that beyond your right, left, and rear view mirrors. In other words... it's sole purpose is to provide additional safety through visibility behind your vehicle.

Best to use it for it's intended purpose, and stay within it's limitations. It is effectively a fish eye camera.. and works best on wide angle view.. but that introduces visual distortion too.

I think we all need to be prudent and not try to use the various safety features of a vehicle outside of it's designed parameters. Eventually, Honda will release Level 3 & 4 complaint self driving vehicles... and at that point... a vehicle will be able to back itself into a parking space.. but that day is not yet here.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hilarious! Ask them why anyone NAMED it a "Back Up Camera" if this is the case. :rolleyes:

It SHOULD be able to be calibrated/aimed. Your car wasn't ever 'bumped' by an errant parker (or involved in an accident)?
The civic has the same camera and you can calibrate it yourself on the menu option but the CRV cannot be done that way and the dealer said it cannot be re calibrated at all,this has been an issue since brand new and i tried another CRV and it has the same problem.Honda again will not believe they have problems with there cars and refuse to fix them: oil dilution problem, there recall now gives me terrible gas mileage and it takes forever to warm up.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,715 Posts
If the camera cannot be calibrated as you say, could you at least calibrate your 'eyes' to place the car where you want, relevant to the picture when reversing?

Marksmen call that "Adjusting for Windage". :giggle:

Reactions: GPopp

·
Registered
1 Posts
have an issue with my CRV back up camers and Android Auto. Went to use this morning and all I gaot was a pink screen, anyone else had this. I have 2017 CRV

1 - 7 of 7 Posts