Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ,

I have a 2014 Honda Crv AWD EX and I want to add a Button so I can activate the Back up camera whenever I want.

I was thinking about taping into the feed line from the Reverse switch to the screen and installing a 1 way Diode (or simply adding another aftermarket backup camera from amazon) ..

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Our 2016 has it built in. But we never use it as it gets too distracting when driving. Oh wait thats the right turn camera. Nevermind. Lol.
You can start the rearview camera anytime you drive from a hidden menu. Look through the first sticky with all the hidden treasures. I dint remember the exact button sequence but when I tried it 3 years ago it did work.

·
Registered
54 Posts
How did they fix it? You peaked my curiosity now:)
My wife has the car now and i cant confirm the shortcut is still working...
Sorry, let me clarify. You can get to the camera menu through the steps as shown above. Then you can set the camera to "On". The screen comes on, but there is NO picture, just blank, grey screen, showing that the screen/monitor is functioning, but there is NO IMAGE from the camera.

I just went out to double-check and noticed that in addition to the grey screen, the yellow, "dynamic back-up lines" are visible, and by pressing the up, down, left, right buttons on the menu selector(?), you can move a little red dot to various portions of the lines. I'm guessing that it is some sort of calibration screen. This requires further examination…

ICYMI, I'm trying this on a 2016 EX FWD CVT 2.4l w/o NAV

1 - 11 of 11 Posts