Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a back up camera this weekend in my CRV 2004. Camera not being center on the back and the tire obstructing camera's view has been a concern. Think I will try above the window on the back door. Will have to drill holes in car to mount and hope it will not leak over time. I plan on caulking it. Any other suggestion or helpful hints as to the placement of the camera with the tire in the view?

I am also pulling out the stereo and replacing it with a PLZ multi media screen to view camera. Any tips?
I have You tubed it and learned some.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
My 2014 CR-V, which does not have a spare tire mounted on the tailgate, has the camera mounted in the center below the glass and above the license plate. The camera does need a clear view, but does not have to be mounted up high.

Could you mount it inside so it points out through the glass?
Or run it inside the door and have it come out near the license plate?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply Racoon. No the camera would not work through the glass. On my 2004 crv the tire is mounted on the passenger side of the back door. This leaves the license plate on the drivers side of the back door. So if it was put near the plate I believe the camera would not be centered therefore throwing the lines off while backing up? (no known way to test camera before installation). My main question now is, can I put it high above the window in the back door therefore clearing the tire and the camera NOT be upside down? No where does it say about this in the diagram manual. Or a way to get into the MP-600 unit (yet to be installed) to see if there is a way to flip the image from there.
I do not want to drill holes in may car to have the camera not work correctly and have to remove it leaving the holes.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
If that's your new head unit, the camera has a base that you use to mount it.
Try some double sided tape to mount it next to the center brake light at the top of the tailgate.
That way if you don't like the orientation of the camera you can move it around.
Once you have decided where you want the camera and where it works correctly, then you can mount it permanently with screws.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, they have 2 versions and that has to do with the use of iphone or android. I dont know of any other difference.
I just got email from PLZ and they said camera can Not be turned upside down. And not putting it in center would through off. Only place left would be to go into bumper. Guess I have to research how to do that.
thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts