Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any member with a 2018 EX-L have backlit steering wheel controls that light up at night. Also climate control buttons. Mine are dark at night and can't see anything. I tried to adjust the brightness control and it does nothing.
Thanks for any help

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Don’t have an ‘18, but everything lights up on our ‘17.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Any member with a 2018 EX-L have backlit steering wheel controls that light up at night. Also climate control buttons. Mine are dark at night and can't see anything. I tried to adjust the brightness control and it does nothing.
Thanks for any help
I just went through the same thing with my 2017. You can't adjust the brightness (via the dash knob) unless it's completely dark outside, and the engine and the lights are on. My 2017 manual says to do it with the parking lights on, but that may differ with your 2018.

·
Registered
15 Posts
2018 EX AWD - all lights on here. Do the brightness adjustment at nite with engine running and lights on, like the post above.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did you try turning the dial on the odometer reset button? Besides the brightness menu through the infotainment system, the dial can also control the brightness.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 17 EX-L - we couldn't dim the audio screen. Turning the knob would dim it but it would immediately return to full brightness. Dealer updated software that fixed it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Others are correct, use the knob on the right lower corner of the dash. Push it to go from Trip A to B to odometer, and turn in to adjust dash brightness. It’s easier to see at night with the car running (and sitting still).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts