Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
If you are talking about the image on the 5” iMID, the brightness changes with the dash light brightness.

If you are talking brightness at night, then upgrading the reverse lights for more output would be the way to go.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are talking about the image on the 5” iMID, the brightness changes with the dash light brightness.
Yes, this is it. I was afraid of that. My imid camera is super bright. And there is no separate setting for it so replace the camera?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yes, this is it. I was afraid of that. My imid camera is super bright. And there is no separate setting for it so replace the camera?
I don't know that replacing the camera will make any change, the brightness is much more of a factor of the screen itself. You might look for a small square of window tint to place over the screen to reduce it as a test.

Personally, I'd dim the dash lights to the point that the camera on the iMID is at an acceptable brightness. You might be surprised at how low you can turn them down. Less light from the dash overall also improves how well you can see outside at night.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know that replacing the camera will make any change, the brightness is much more of a factor of the screen itself. You might look for a small square of window tint to place over the screen to reduce it as a test.

Personally, I'd dim the dash lights to the point that the camera on the iMID is at an acceptable brightness. You might be surprised at how low you can turn them down. Less light from the dash overall also improves how well you can see outside at night.
The imid display is otherwise fine o. Wallpater, fuel, radio and any other input. Its just super bright on the reverse camera input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts