Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2022 CR-V Hybrid Touring
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In other vehicles, I've seen the backup camera start to beep when approaching an obstacle.
Is this available in the CR-V, and I just can't find the setting to turn it on?

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,899 Posts
In other vehicles, I've seen the backup camera start to beep when approaching an obstacle.
Is this available in the CR-V, and I just can't find the setting to turn it on?
if you have backup sensors installed (standard on some trims /optional on others)it will beep for distance but all have cross warning
If you’re in reverse and something is approaching it will beep and on screen show an arrow where it is

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,864 Posts

·
Registered
2022 CR-V Hybrid Touring
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if you have backup sensors installed (standard on some trims /optional on others)it will beep for distance but all have cross warning
If you’re in reverse and something is approaching it will beep and on screen show an arrow where it is
How do I find out?
It does the cross-traffic beeping thing...
Only included on Hybrids. ICEs get no love.
I have the hybrid EX-L, but I guess that’s not good enough. ;(

·
Registered
19 Posts
How do I find out?
It does the cross-traffic beeping thing...

I have the hybrid EX-L, but I guess that’s not good enough. ;(
Actually the old style backup sensors are not really necessary. They were used to warn you of close objects behind your vehicle, but basically became obsolete when backup cameras became mandatory. Some owners who were used to hearing a beep and not quite use to the backup camera complained about losing them so some manufactures made them standard on high end trims and optional on others. Other manufactures simply did away with them. The cameras actually do a better job with a wider field of view than the beep sensors did. On your EXL you have something much more valuable called the cross traffic alert. This senses objects that are in a wide field of view that are entering your path or in your path while backing up, like out of your driveway into the street. If it senses an object it considers to be crossing or in your path it warns you and shows on the camera where that object is. I believe the sensors on the Touring are parking sensors which I believe are only really useful if you do a lot of parallel parking. The rear cross traffic alert has saved me a couple of times. Nice feature.

·
Registered
2020 Honda CRV Hybrid 2WD Premium Crystal Red
23 Posts
Try looking to the left of the dash below steering for a switch labelled P, it is the on/off for the parking sensors. Have a look in the online owner's manual for parking sensors (in the one I have it's page 607/608).

SInce your car has just been at the dealers, the service personnel may have switched them off, every time I put my previous cars into my dealer it always comes out with the sensors switched off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.