Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

The. Admin. Istrator.
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not long got back from the paint shop....

Gone are the silly chrome inserts in the lower door panels and rear bumper trim.

All matte black and will be far easier to maintain going forward. Need to leave it a few days before I can polish it up and protect it, but the guy did a truly awesome job and it looks far better in the flesh than it does in the picture.

Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
Looking good!
Originally i wanted to do the us touring trim, then i changed mind wish they had the body colored lower garnish here and not just black to pop that lower molding a bit

The. Admin. Istrator.
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Darn! I woulda happily traded you my matte black inserts for your chrome inserts. I like my chiney chrome!
Ah man!!! If only I knew!!!

I had no idea that US CR-V's had black inserts. Over here, all have chrome, regardless of trim/spec level.

Super Moderator - How may I help?
Ah man!!! If only I knew!!!

I had no idea that US CR-V's had black inserts. Over here, all have chrome, regardless of trim/spec level.
I think only the US Touring trim has the chrome inserts. I don't mind them. Sorry, that is s US expression for: "they don't bother me" or "I am ok with them"

The. Admin. Istrator.
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, to think some people pay extra for them and you paid to have them removed! Different strokes ...
Believe me, the price I paid to get them removed was eye-wateringly low!

The. Admin. Istrator.
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the chrome parts can be removed from the inside but arent sold seperately.

the lower trim non chrome inserts dont remove
Luckily the lower door trims where the silly chrome is came off without too much of a struggle. That made painting them that much easier.

Alas, raining today, so no chance I can put any proper protection on them - yet!

Reactions: BoostedV

Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
LOL, no. I wouldnt even know where to find them!
My guess is... anywhere where you see a caravan offered for an incredibly low low.. normally money losing price. 'cause there be Pikies about for sure. Also taking bets on coursers.. with winner take all. :ROFLMAO:

Note: the knowledge base I pulled this anecdote from ---> the Guy Ritchie movie Snatch. So I may have fallen for a stereotype here... even though it was a great one in the movie. 馃挕

Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
Very happy with the chrome on a pearl white paint job.
:giggle:
Same here. :)

I also scan the the lower door trim when I see a gen5 CRV... as chrome is a sure sign the CRV is A Touring trim. I used to look for the single tail pipe to spot an LX trim too.. but that has exited stage right with the 2020 refresh.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts