Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not long got back from the paint shop....

Gone are the silly chrome inserts in the lower door panels and rear bumper trim.

All matte black and will be far easier to maintain going forward. Need to leave it a few days before I can polish it up and protect it, but the guy did a truly awesome job and it looks far better in the flesh than it does in the picture.

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
966 Posts
Looking good!
Originally i wanted to do the us touring trim, then i changed mind wish they had the body colored lower garnish here and not just black to pop that lower molding a bit

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Ah man!!! If only I knew!!!

I had no idea that US CR-V's had black inserts. Over here, all have chrome, regardless of trim/spec level.
I think only the US Touring trim has the chrome inserts. I don't mind them. Sorry, that is s US expression for: "they don't bother me" or "I am ok with them"

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
966 Posts
Ah man!!! If only I knew!!!

I had no idea that US CR-V's had black inserts. Over here, all have chrome, regardless of trim/spec level.
the chrome parts can be removed from the inside but arent sold seperately.

the lower trim non chrome inserts dont remove

·
Registered
164 Posts
Chrome inserts only available with higher trims in Canada. Wow, to think some people pay extra for them and you paid to have them removed! Different strokes ...

·
Registered
2014 CR-V 2.0 Lifestyle
793 Posts
True. That's what the police said.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the chrome parts can be removed from the inside but arent sold seperately.

the lower trim non chrome inserts dont remove
Luckily the lower door trims where the silly chrome is came off without too much of a struggle. That made painting them that much easier.

Alas, raining today, so no chance I can put any proper protection on them - yet!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts