Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice the doubling of prices and the cutting of warranties? What's up with this?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Why not maintain you battery yourself like people used to do and get the maximum life out of it. A little maintenance goes a long way to save a dollar.

Cheers
Zaze

·
Banned
806 Posts
Actually I haven't. I just bought a CR-V battery this summer and I paid about $110 for it with a 75 month warranty.

It may just be a Florida thing. I was there last week and noticed gas to be almost $4 a gallon near the airport. $2.15 a gallon once you drove a bit from the airport.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I just bought one as well. The big box store I frequent just started carrying Interstate and they had a special on the line so the top shelf one was 100 + tax. They evidently had Interstate make an OEM line for them because it has 500 cca instead of the OEM Group 51 425 cca. Gas here has fallen below $2 so it pays to shop. Consumer Reports has liked the W-M line as well - last time I priced the Group 51 there it was $107.
Happy T-Day to all. Craig

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Why not maintain you battery yourself like people used to do and get the maximum life out of it. A little maintenance goes a long way to save a dollar.

Cheers
Zaze
How do you maintain a modern battery? You no longer have to add water and I don't know of anything to do other than to make sure the terminals are clean. My car batteries normally last me 4 years or so and the battery in my John Deere lasts about 8 years.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
You would be surprised about the need to add water, osbornk. esp in hot climates. :)
If your battery isn't sealed, take a peek!!
Buffalo4

·
Everything in Moderation
7,647 Posts
If your battery isn't sealed, take a peek!!
Buffalo4

Often the only "seal" is a sticker. If you can feel a cap, cut around it with a razor knife.

I am a strong proponent of checking battery electrolyte, especially after the summer's heat dies down. We usually get longer-than-average life out of our car batteries as a result. (OEM CR-V 51R battery lasted 7 years; OEM Fit battery, the tiny 151R, lasted 7 years also.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts