Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Hope you are all well during lock-down?

I seem to have a bit of an issue with my '05 CRV and wondered if someone on here might be able to help. I don't use my CRV that much as I have a motorbike for my work commute, so it only gets used on the odd evening in the week and on weekends. It can go 7-10 days without being used at all, especially in the current climate!

I went to use the car about a week ago and the battery was flat, charged it for a bit and all was OK...so took it for a 20 mins drive (wanted a longer drive, but I respect the NHS too much to take the mickey!)

Anyway, all seemed OK, but then a few days later the same situation happened, This time I did some multi-meter checks and recorded the following:

12.4v with nothing on at all
14.4v with engine running
14.15v with engine and all lights
11.88v with engine, lights and fans
11.80v with engine, lights, fans and stereo

I'm guessing that my alternator is the issue, but I would really appreciate someone more qualified to confirm if this is the case or not?

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,563 Posts
Looks like the ELD is functioning. But as you are suspecting the output of the alternator can't keep up with the increasing load. Without putting a scope on the alternator output I would guess a blow diode.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.