Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
09 crv 2.4l auto awd sisters car past couple of nights had to jump to get started after setting for the night. Battery load test fine 11.7 under load, alternator test 14.1 TURNED SWITCH for dome light over drive to off from door problem stopped.i know light grounds thru multiplex module and all door switches are working correctly and shows everything amperage correct all lights going off! confused why switch could cause draw with out it showing! has anyone run across this issue ? I hope the community can help me as it doesn't make sense but she said it didn't bother for three day with the dome light turned to off instead of door . any help would be greatly appreciated thank you .

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Look at the crv at night or in a dark garage to make sure all lights are off when the dome light switch is in the position to go on when a door is open.
Otherwise, you will have to find which fuse is the one feeding the power to whatever is drawing it when everything is supposed to be off.
Since changing the dome light switch to 'always OFF' seems to have helped, I would start there and see what else is on that circuit.
Sometimes there is a problem with the brake lights staying on.
Again, in a very dark area ck for any lights or even an aftermarket radio staying on.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
139 Posts
Are you checking voltage or amperage? To detect amps that small you need to take a wire and make 10 loops and put the wire in the circuit to be mesured and the meter and you will find the small draws on the batt.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Are you checking voltage or amperage? To detect amps that small you need to take a wire and make 10 loops and put the wire in the circuit to be measured and the meter and you will find the small draws on the batt.
This won't work. To measure DC milliamps, just remove a battery cable and connect your milliammeter in series with the battery post and the cable it connects to. If your meter is not auto ranging, select it to measure the correct range. A healthy measurement is around 30-40 milliamps.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Yes, you usually put the meter between (in series with) the neg battery cable and the neg post of the battery with the cable disconnected from the battery and don't open or close the doors or blow the horn or turn anything on (radio, etc) while it is connected or you may harm the meter (too much current draw).
Make sure you have your radio code handy before you disconnect the battery cable. :eek:
Set your ammeter to a high setting, such as 10 amps to start and then you will be able to set it lower according to what reading you get. Many meters go from 10 amps to 200m and then to 20m. If you start too low, you will probably blow a fuse in the meter or ruin it.
Depending on the vehicle, it should be no more than around 75 ma. Much better is it is down around 30-40. Some vehicle makes draw more than others, esp the newer ones

Buffalo4

1 - 6 of 6 Posts