Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just got a low battery notice in my 2017 for the key fob. I followed the video someone posted here on how to open the fob but now I am wondering if this battery can be just bought at any store like Canadian Tire? and once I install it am I good to go or do I have to reprogram the fob, the car or sync them at all? Also if the battery fails totally I guess I can use the key to get into the car but will it start?

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
656 Posts
So just got a low battery notice in my 2017 for the key fob. I followed the video someone posted here on how to open the fob but now I am wondering if this battery can be just bought at any store like Canadian Tire? and once I install it am I good to go or do I have to reprogram the fob, the car or sync them at all? Also if the battery fails totally I guess I can use the key to get into the car but will it start?
they sell them everywhere and prime
If you are hesitant swing to dealer and they will do it for you in about 5 seconds then swipe coffee n a bagel from service lol

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
The US 2017 CR-V Owners Manual has a page that shows how to replace the batteries in both the Master Key with Remote Transmitter and the and the Smart Entry Remote. It lists what type of battery each takes, and from the battery numbers I know they are available at most places that sell the "coin" style round batteries.

They instructions are titled "Remote Transmitter Care". What does your Owners Manual say?

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
you can buy the CR2032 battery literally at any local drug store, hardware store, department store, or online.

All you have to do is follow the instructions in the owners manual to change the battery, or follow the video you referenced.

NO reprogramming is required of the FOB after a battery change... as long as you don't beak it.

Note: the most common issue owners have is allowing one or more of the buttons to get misaligned during the change process... which is why they tell you to lay the fob down flat on a surface before "gently" removing the battery and replacing it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The US 2017 CR-V Owners Manual has a page that shows how to replace the batteries in both the Master Key with Remote Transmitter and the and the Smart Entry Remote. It lists what type of battery each takes, and from the battery numbers I know they are available at most places that sell the "coin" style round batteries.

They instructions are titled "Remote Transmitter Care". What does your Owners Manual say?
owner manual says nothing about battery replacement

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you can buy the CR2032 battery literally at any local drug store, hardware store, department store, or online.

All you have to do is follow the instructions in the owners manual to change the battery, or follow the video you referenced.

NO reprogramming is required of the FOB after a battery change... as long as you don't beak it.

Note: the most common issue owners have is allowing one or more of the buttons to get misaligned during the change process... which is why they tell you to lay the fob down flat on a surface before "gently" removing the battery and replacing it.
Thanks, I bought the battery today, pried the fob apart, installed it and put back together carefully and it works just fine!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts