Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

My name is Sean. I do not own a CRV (Im and Element owner :D ) Im an employee at my local AutoZone and had a couple come in today with questions and issues with jumping there CRV's battery. The lady had left the lights on and killed the battery. When they attempted to jump the battery sparks came flying out as if the cables on the batteries had be switched on the wrong posts which they husband assured me over and over that they werent. If i remember correctly it was an 08 CRV. They also explained that the "electical" box located to the left of the engine in the engine compartment hums when the cables are connected. But once the sparks stop (apparently doesnt last long) this "electrical" box (sorry not sure what it is) starts to hum, but the CRV acts as if the battery is still completely dead and wont even attempt to turn over. Any ideas would be greatly appreciative so I can inform them tomorrow when they come back in.

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
If the cables were reversed (Im betting the were) it would pop the main fuse and it will not start unti that fuse is replaced.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Main fuse should be under the hood in a closed black case. Check the owners manual for clarity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts