Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know, I know, alternator issues BUT...

I took it to an auto parts store/mechanic today and he ran tests. They all came back as they should be... starter, battery, and alternator. Tested whatever with car running and not running. No issues.

He also tried to read codes but there was no code being emitted.

Light was intermittent now it seems steady. Also intermittently but now off was my air bag light. WTH?!

So, could this be inline fuses from the alternator or is my alternator just failing under load and testing fine otherwise.. or is my car fine?

It is a 2008 CRV w a two-year old battery, serpentine belt changed in the last six months or so. 132,000 miles.

·
Registered
2009 CRV
137 Posts
For less than $10 at amazon you can get a output volt meter that plugs into the cigarette lighter and that might give you some added visibility into what is happening when the light is on. Mine reads a pretty steady 13.7-14.1 IIRC

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,191 Posts
Suggest going to an actual Auto Electric shop. They will test alt. output and wavelength (checking for a 'noisy' voltage regulator due to bad diodes).

Remember that Honda usaes an ELD Electric Load Detector and if that goes bad your battery won't charge. (It looks like a large relay in the underhood fuse box I think)
+++++++++++
Assume you have verified 'tight' connections at the battery terminals themselves? If you can twist the wires without loosening, you may have found the issue with charging. (Battery shims needed in that case.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.