Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pleas allow me to introduce my self... ? Long time Honda lover and memeber of manny Honda forums, for now drive 2 Civic, old good 6th gen sedan and 8th gen Civic also sedan. It's time to say good buy to old Civic and i'm not young anymore, family become bigger, my next choices will be again Honda because all positive stuff and experience from old one's. Choice is CR-V AWD, not below EX, abow is acceptable, MY 2012 to 2017 , salvage is acceptable and maybe only options because other costs that will grown finally price to my place.
Thoughts and questions: Prefere manual gearbox but automatic is only options, 2012-2014 have good old K24 with classics automatic but almost for same price can buy 2015-2016 but that is completely different car and gearbox ( direct injection and CVT) , now I like how 2017 looks but again [email protected], problems with engine (1.5T oil and gas mixing) .
So, for now that my reasons i'm here now. So, help me to choose good.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I have owned a 1999 CR-V and 2006 CR-V, both with manual transmissions, and loved both. When it came time to replace the 2006 I chose a 2014, even though the 2015's were already available.

Please read the message threads on problems with the direction injection and turbo engines before you consider a 2015 or newer CR-V.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I owned and drove a '15 CRV for 4 years and now have an '18 CRV and both are fine suvs that perform very well and are very versatile with proven reliability. Most owners don't take the time to post on forums. They are out driving and enjoying their Honda vehicles. I am one of those many who drive and enjoy these excellent Honda products. With proper care the majority of owners also have these same good results.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man, its like that up to 2014 or 2015 and higher, just that oil dilution is scars me , think gas in oil...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How is your experience with 15' vs. 18' CVT gearbox, is your car have problem with gas in oil, oil dilution ?
Why Honda don't make something like RDX first gen. turbo engine, never see complain on that motor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2018 AWD CRV. We have been driving it for 15moths now and have 16K on it. Our biggest problem is programming gps with our android phone. We had a 2007 AWD Pilot and decided to downsize. We liked the added safety features especially the lane departure warning. It has saved our bacon twice when drowsy. Changed drivers in a hurry. We drive up and down i95 about five times a year on those trips we get 31-33mpg depending on terrain and keeping up with traffic and using cruise. Lowest we’ve gotten around town is 25mpg with short less than 5 miles. Normally we get 27-30. We saved over $400 in gas expense from the previous year. We are very pleased with performance and handling.

·
Registered
2016 CR-V EX-L
152 Posts
There is another recent thread where people were discussing the 2015-2016 CR-V and the general consensus is that they have been good vehicles even with CVT and direct injection. We bought ours a little over a year ago and thus far it has been a great vehicle. We plan on putting another 100K plus on it before moving on to something else.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts