Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Saccucci Is

Saccucci is the real deal. Genuine Honda Care. I believe Bernardi is also but I don't know that for a fact.

Your dealer has to honor it but frankly what dealers "have" to do is always a bit shaky. They certainly don't have to be happy about it. I would expect a lot of crap from the dealer.

Call Honda Corporate and talk to them.

A suggestion that was made to me was to take the internet quote to your dealer and ask them to match the price. That at least gives the dealer an opportunity to sell you the warranty.

Being a crazy Irishman, I just bought it off of Saccucci and my dealer can go to hell. But I expect a big fight if I ever go back for service. I am not real enamored with dealers and being a member of this forum has made me less so.

Note! If you live in Florida, its unlawful to buy a warranty off a dealer out of state.

You may want to consider taking the money you would spend on the extended warranty and put it in the bank. One thing is certain, at the end of the warranty period you are not going to have a warranty and you are not going to have the money you spent for the warranty. If you put it in the bank, you have money for a repair. If nothing goes bad, you still have your money. Hondas are reliable...but not perfect. It is a tough decision. I am not sure I would do it again.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
They are both the real deal. Any Honda dealer in the US has to honor the HondaCare Warranty. The only gotcha is that residents of Florida are not legally allowed by the state of Florida, to purchase an extended warranty from anyone other than the original dealer. However, if a non-resident of Florida had an extended warranty and was in Florida, the Florida Honda dealer would honor the warranty, just as any other dealer in the US.

·
Registered
264 Posts
They are both the real deal. Any Honda dealer in the US has to honor the HondaCare Warranty. The only gotcha is that residents of Florida are not legally allowed by the state of Florida, to purchase an extended warranty from anyone other than the original dealer. However, if a non-resident of Florida had an extended warranty and was in Florida, the Florida Honda dealer would honor the warranty, just as any other dealer in the US.
hmmm i didn't know that... something good to know and research about, since i didn't purchase a extended warranty plan, figured when the time came i would look into it.... hmmm interesting!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Extended Warranty

I bought Honda Care from Bernardi this past week. The price is suppose to go up in January 3, 2008. Bernardi is also offering $30.00 towards purchase of accessories from their parts store. Saccucci offered $25.00 so I went with Bernardi. I bought it for a peace of mind. Happy New Year! :)

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Honda 367 How do you like your V?

Good God man! I have been waiting for this glowing report about how you like you new V. Oh no, we hear about dash lights, the NFL in Europe (I gladly donate the Steelers, the Stadiums and the 1% sales tax to Europe), bug screens, extended warranties...........Tell us how you like the car!!!!!!

Have you driven it yet?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Progress Report

Blackpearl,

We've had some rainy days here in my area. Right now, our CR-V is the garage queen, waiting for more thorough REJEX treatment. I've ordered it on line and am waiting for it. We went out yesterday for a short drive to a store nearby but haven't had a chance to drive it long distance on the highway.

Few Impressions:

The arm rest is way too short as many on this board mentioned before. It is more a nuisance, I think. :(

Seat is not as comfortable as my old Trooper's but it may have more to do with adjustment. We'll see. :confused:

I still haven't figured out all the controls with XM radio and Navigation equipment. It will take days or weeks, at the rate I am driving now. :D

I am still wondering if it was a good idea to have purchased the extended warranty. I guess I have couple of months to ponder before the 60 days return policy expires. We'll see. :confused:

My wife likes it but she is too nervous to drive it right away. That new car feeling has to dissipate. She feels more comfortable with our old Trooper. It really is her car after all.

Bottom line, the odometer right now has 21 still. :D

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Caution! Don't Wear It Out!

Few Impressions:

The arm rest is way too short as many on this board mentioned before. It is more a nuisance, I think. :(

Seat is not as comfortable as my old Trooper's but it may have more to do with adjustment. We'll see. :confused:

I still haven't figured out all the controls with XM radio and Navigation equipment. It will take days or weeks, at the rate I am driving now. :D

I am still wondering if it was a good idea to have purchased the extended warranty. I guess I have couple of months to ponder before the 60 days return policy expires. We'll see. :confused:

My wife likes it but she is too nervous to drive it right away. That new car feeling has to dissipate. She feels more comfortable with our old Trooper. It really is her car after all.

Bottom line, the odometer right now has 21 still. :D
I had more than 21 miles on mine bringing it home from the dealer...but that had something to do with my particular Irish method of buying cars. Get enraged, storm out of the place, and never buy a car from the cheating S.O.B.s. Works great--you save a lot money, but sooner or later you figure out that you still need a car and you have to drive further and further to find a dealership that you haven't made a complete idiot of yourself.

The seat, you will get used to. The armrest will remain a nuisance for the life of the vehicle as will the miniature visors. If you or your wife are a leg sprawler, you will soon come to hate the gigantic door handles and the cool location of the shift handle. Those occupy the space that your knees want to be. Apparently to meet Federal fuel economy standards, they had to reduce the size of the visors and armrests to make up for the weight consumed by the elephantine door handles. Oh but they do look cool!

Perhaps you can borrow Hughesy's daughter to help disipate that new car feeling--although airfare to & from the UK will probably cost you more than your extended warranty. It will probably be more cost effective to use one of your own children. Perhaps when you take your son back to Grove City, which I am waiting to hear your opinion of the V's ride on our beautiful Pennsylvania roads and the accelleration on our skimpy ramps. It is always interesting to hear out of state commentary on the third world infrastructure in our lovely Commonwealth. Actually I find the roads in Maryland to be far more dangerous than ours. They are too smooth and straight. Lacking potholes, sharp curves, and narrow lanes from jersey barriers due to a never ending construction, we Pennsylvanians tend to fall asleep from a lack of adrenaline.

In the meantime, you may want to invest in a trickle charger to keep the battery charged. All that garage time is hard on a battery. I don't know about the XM radio, but the nav will work better out in the driveway. You need clear sky to lock in the satellites.

PS I am disappointed you didn't take the bait on the Steelers.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Go Steelers!

PS I am disappointed you didn't take the bait on the Steelers.
I am just Cowboys fan as I grew up in Texas when Landry and Knoll went at each other. Who can forget Bradshaw and Staubach. I've always liked Steelers because they were the nemesis. I think the Steelers uniform with black and gold is the coolest in the league along with Cowboys'. I do wish Steelers the best. I know this will not happen with Patriots but can you imagine Cowboys and Steelers in the Superbowl? That would be so cool. I don't think Europeans appreciate our football as we do but we'll see.

Back to CR-V. I promise to take it out today after work. :D

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Alas Not A Fan!

I think you missed the gist of my comment. I want to give the Steelers, our stadiums, and the 1% sales tax they charge us to keep our sports teams in Pittsburgh to Europe. I tried offering them up to Columbus Ohio, but they refused on the basis that Cincinatti and Cleveland would want professional football teams as well. Eventhough I am not a football fan, I do support the Steelers. When I bought my V, I gave them $250. If I lived in Altoona, or Grove City, I would pay 6% but living in Allegheny County (near Pittsburgh) I pay 7% and reap all the benefits that our beloved sports teams provide, eventhough the additional tax was voted against in a referendum. Some more of that third world behavior in our wonderful Keystone state.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Steelers!

I think you missed the gist of my comment. I want to give the Steelers, our stadiums, and the 1% sales tax they charge us to keep our sports teams in Pittsburgh to Europe. I tried offering them up to Columbus Ohio, but they refused on the basis that Cincinatti and Cleveland would want professional football teams as well. Eventhough I am not a football fan, I do support the Steelers. When I bought my V, I gave them $250. If I lived in Altoona, or Grove City, I would pay 6% but living in Allegheny County (near Pittsburgh) I pay 7% and reap all the benefits that our beloved sports teams provide, eventhough the additional tax was voted against in a referendum. Some more of that third world behavior in our wonderful Keystone state.
I get it but don't you think you are in the minority on your feelings on this topic? I imagined everyone rallied around the Steelers.

On philosophical point, I agree that tax payers should not have to be burdened in supporting overpaid sports athletes and the team owners. Why should the city subsidize an NFL team? I can't understand that either. If city provides that kind of support, perhaps the city should own the team not unlike the Greenbay Packers. I hear your pain. Forced tax to support a football team doesn't sound very appealing to me either. Fix the roads and infrastructure with that additional 1% tax. True capitalism would ensure free market.

By the way, did you know that Cowboys are building $2 billion dollar complex in Dallas right now? I am not sure if the city is paying for it either, but I hope not.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I bought Honda Care from Bernardi this past week. The price is suppose to go up in January 3, 2008. Bernardi is also offering $30.00 towards purchase of accessories from their parts store. Saccucci offered $25.00 so I went with Bernardi. I bought it for a peace of mind. Happy New Year! :)
Would you give us a breakdown of the current Honda Care rate$ & mileage packages.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Extended Warranty

Would you give us a breakdown of the current Honda Care rate$ & mileage packages.
I am sure there are many companies but here are two that have been mentioned.

1. Bernardi Honda Warranty
http://www.bernardiwarranty.com/Departments/Honda-Care/CRV.aspx

2. Saccucci Honda Warranty
https://www.myhondawarranty.com/pricing.php

Both mentioned dealers offer the same price for the warranty.

You need to look at several different options you have.
On new CR-V, the most expensive policy is $985 for 96 months (8 years) and 120,000 miles with $0 deductible.

I did hear that price will go up on January 3, 2008 but you'll need to talk to any one of the representatives at the above dealers. Also, I think you can cancel within 30 or 60 days and receive full refund if you decide you don't want it after all.

Though I have purchased it, I will be thinking seriously on this as there are different views on this very polarizing issue. Some think it is waste while others think it is worthwhile for peace of mind. The decision must be yours and yours alone after your own cost/benefit analysis. Good Luck!

·
Registered
342 Posts
I bought mine from Bernardi as they offered $30.00 credit in parts/accessories. I bought the tire tread gauge and tire pressure gauge and only paid for shipping which was nice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts