Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have a 2007 EXL with 95k miles that I need new tires for. As I live in Utah and frequently ski or climb requiring driving in snow or dirt forest service roads, I am in need of tires that will get the job done. I am looking at All Season/All Weather because there are only a handful of times a year I actually drive through a decent amount of snow and have always just used all seasons. What tires do you all recommend? So far on my short list are the Continental TrueContacts, Nokian WR G3/G4, and Yokohama Geolander A/T G015. I should mention that 95%+ of the time during the winter I am driving on dry or slightly wet pavement.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have a 2007 EXL with 95k miles that I need new tires for. As I live in Utah and frequently ski or climb requiring driving in snow or dirt forest service roads, I am in need of tires that will get the job done. I am looking at All Season/All Weather because there are only a handful of times a year I actually drive through a decent amount of snow and have always just used all seasons. What tires do you all recommend? So far on my short list are the Continental TrueContacts, Nokian WR G3/G4, and Yokohama Geolander A/T G015. I should mention that 95%+ of the time during the winter I am driving on dry or slightly wet pavement.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
I live in California, so not a all weather tire requirement. But Consumer reports chooses the following as best in the field:

1) Michelin CrossClimate + Tire : gets Very Good rating across all test categories. CRs Take --> This excellent, well-balanced tire, which is marketed as an all-weather product, has the rare distinction of earning Very Good ratings in every category of CR's testing. That means it’s both a comfortable tire and one that offers taut handling, and likewise, that it performs well in the wet and dry, and even in snow and ice. If you’re fishing for a weakness, it’s relatively expensive, and its 75,000-mile predicted life is bested by other models. Note: Limited tire sizes available so may not have one for your vehicle.

2) Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady: gets a Good or Very Good rating across all testing categories. CRs Take --> Priced less than the Michelin CrossClimate +, the Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady earned at least Good ratings across the board in CR's tests. It shined in handling, resistance to hydroplaning (when water gets between your tire and the pavement), snow traction, and noise, scoring Very Good in each. The tested tread life is an impressive 75,000 miles—much more than its 60,000-mile warranty.

Both received very positive reviews from CR members.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I've had excellent results from the Michelin Defenders on my F250, and plan to go with them on my CR-V at tire time. Long wearing, comfortable ride, quiet. Not cheap, but worth every penny.

·
Registered
277 Posts
1) Michelin CrossClimate + Tire : gets Very Good rating across all test categories. CRs Take --> This excellent, well-balanced tire, which is marketed as an all-weather product, has the rare distinction of earning Very Good ratings in every category of CR's testing.
I have now had these on my daily driver for a couple of months and it's probably true what the reviews say. They're the quietest All-seasons I have used and wet handling is great. Snow handling is irrelevant for me as I have dedicated snow tires on separate wheels for winter but there's a video review in youtube where the guy drives up a snowy mountain praising the Cross Climates.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I have now had these on my daily driver for a couple of months and it's probably true what the reviews say. They're the quietest All-seasons I have used and wet handling is great. Snow handling is irrelevant for me as I have dedicated snow tires on separate wheels for winter but there's a video review in youtube where the guy drives up a snowy mountain praising the Cross Climates.
I like the looks of those, but for some reason they don't seem to yet be available here. Not that we need them for snow, but we do get winter ice, as well as torrential rains, aside form the heat. Here's what it's like here right now:

·
Registered
46 Posts
thats a strange tread design, looks like a snow tire,,never make it here in CA summers,,im liking the BFG-T,s that i recently got, very quiet tire and enough tread for all seasons..the Bridgestone stock Ecopias were noisy after awhile..

·
Registered
2 Posts
You should take a look at the Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady tires. I’ve had great luck with their Assurance ComforTred Tires and my next set will be the WeatherReady’s.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts