Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! We'll be getting a convertible car seat for our 1 year old in October. Given the design of the backseat, which convertible car seat maximizes the space of the CR-V? Thanks!

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,882 Posts
Hello! We'll be getting a convertible car seat for our 1 year old in October. Given the design of the backseat, which convertible car seat maximizes the space of the CR-V? Thanks!
I'm honestly not sure which current ones on the market are the narrowest.

I would however be more concerned about picking one that is at the top of the list for safety.. not width and convenience (though convenience can be important in helping insure proper use). Use one of the reputable sites for safety reviews as reference.... such as https://bestcarseathub.com/best-top-rated-car-seats/ or consumer reports, or the NHTSA site https://www.nhtsa.gov/equipment/car-seats-and-booster-seats#find-right-car-seat-find-compare-seats

Definitely pick one that has anchor connections and actually connect them to the anchor points in the gap between the seat back and seat cushion that are provided by Honda (see the owners manual for correct installation), and NOT using one that requires use of the seat belts as the fastening point. The seat belt should be supplemental to the car seat as appropriate for age and conversion type. Also.. put the seat in the center position in the back seat... as this provides the best possible protection under all collision circumstances.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hands down Diono Radian 3RXT. It's what I have in my CRV. At 17" wide, it's the narrowest on the market, and probably the first model to be able to fit 3 across the back of a typical sedan. I have it installed in the middle seat, and can still fit adults on either side.

One problem with the CRV is the strange arrangement of seatbelt buckle for middle and left side seats. The left side seatbelt has to cross over the middle seat's belt, which is especially difficult to do if you have a car seat there. I ended up getting a seatbelt extender.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,882 Posts
Hands down Diono Radian 3RXT. It's what I have in my CRV. At 17" wide, it's the narrowest on the market, and probably the first model to be able to fit 3 across the back of a typical sedan. I have it installed in the middle seat, and can still fit adults on either side.

One problem with the CRV is the strange arrangement of seatbelt buckle for middle and left side seats. The left side seatbelt has to cross over the middle seat's belt, which is especially difficult to do if you have a car seat there. I ended up getting a seatbelt extender.
This certainly looks like a safe and well made carseat. And the width is a definite plus.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts