Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum members,
New member , first post. I have 2011 ex (no nav just the stock cd/radio player). I am looking to get an in dash unit that will give me the works. (phone bluetooth with a2dp music streaming via android phone, aux in on the unit, input for backup camera, gps, fm/am radio). I dont need cd player, xm/siriius, HD radio) Please suggest some models that will fit nicely with available kits... thank you

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have a 2011 SE too and I'm thinking of upgrading my in-dash stereo (head unit) too. I would suggest do a online text chat with crutchfield.com. I had good experience with them. I think there are lot of in-dash stereo that would fit with 2011 V but yes it's a matter whether it can fit perfectly... Also I wonder for rear camera whether those camera are wireless these days, or does it still require some wiring? I also wonder whether the 2012/13 V have the same dimension of the dash cut-out and can we purchase 2012/13 in dash unit and put them in 2011 model? Anyone know? Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx Ohman for the crutchfield chat tip. I prefer a wired camera but worst case wireless is fine.

·
Registered
193 Posts
If you could please post some pictures after you are done with this project, I would be very interested to know how it goes as I'm thinking of doing the same project. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I asked crutchfield and if you go their website and select the vehicle it shows matching units. So basically there are many units that fit with all the features I want. However with the install the prices are in the $750 to $1,000 out the door range. I will get one installed when the prices reach around $500 installed and post a pic here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts