Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm drawn to the HDS HIM and a laptop. Still researching....

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have been using BlueDriver for a little over 4 years and love it. It will do more than many scanners that cost double the BluDriver ($99). They come with free updates and are always increasing their capabilities. I also own a Launch and Autel scan tool and I like the BlueDriver best

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Another vote for Bluedriver. I had one ELM-327 go bad on me, and the second one seemed to work OK. But the Bluedriver reads more than the basic OBD-II codes. I was surprised when I ran it on one of our '09 CR-Vs and got a long history of items it was storing. The '05 TSX we just picked up in late Feb. also had a list of things for me to look at. Here's the report it generates as a PDF:

(Rest of page is blank except for footer.)

There was a firmware and app update early in April that improved the look of the reports. This is for our blue '09, and I'm guessing a lot of these are old codes. The wheel speed sensor I fixed two years ago--I had a little "incident" when working on it and broke the wire for it. Also, notice the errors for the rear right tire sensor (low battery and lost transmission)--BlueDriver is also checking the TPMS codes here. I will clear these codes when I get a chance and see what returns--there's a chance the previous owner fixed a couple of these items.

This is a lot more helpful than the generic ELM-327, and BlueDriver is even smaller than the ELM-327 units. Great for taking on a road trip, or when shopping for used cars.

For our '04 Civic, it cannot read the ABS codes--vehicle support at the time did not go back that far. But that could change, since they actively develop the app and firmware to support more vehicles and more codes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts