Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't work on cars, but would love a little extra performance on my stock 04 auto 2wd.

Any thoughts for a performance upgrade in this price range?

·
Registered
213 Posts
A little creativity and some looking around can net a few mods all together less than 200. Just stay away from any chips under 200, they are jokes. Can do the same thing with a 3.3kohm resistor from radio shack and put it in your IAT sensor (10 cents).

Chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A little creativity and some looking around can net a few mods all together less than 200. Just stay away from any chips under 200, they are jokes. Can do the same thing with a 3.3kohm resistor from radio shack and put it in your IAT sensor (10 cents).

Chris
Thanks, I'm still in the dark though. From the lack of response I guess there's not much that can be done. But if anyone has a solid, specific recommendation please let it be known.

·
Registered
213 Posts
You can replace the muffler with a glass pack for around $50 and short ram intakes can be had on eBay all day long for 40 or less. If you look hard enough on places like eBay and craigslist sometimes you can find lowering springs used for pretty cheap. That should get you started though. If you want to get a 3.3K-ohm resistor from radio shack u plug your IAT sensor and install said resistor in it. It tricks the ECU into thinking its getting colder air so adds more fuel and gets a little better throttle response - can be done for around $3. I did it at one time and its hard to notice gains so small.

Chris

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you're super resourceful, you could come up with a non intercooled turbo setup for around $200. An internally wastegated t25 can be found on Craigslist for 75-100. Get a cast eBay manifold and eBay piping, couplers and clamps and you're good to go. Adjust your waste gate down to four or five pounds and your injectors should easily be able to compensate for the extra fueL! Bam! You just gained real horsepower.

·
Registered
211 Posts
If you're super resourceful, you could come up with a non intercooled turbo setup for around $200. An internally wastegated t25 can be found on Craigslist for 75-100. Get a cast eBay manifold and eBay piping, couplers and clamps and you're good to go. Adjust your waste gate down to four or five pounds and your injectors should easily be able to compensate for the extra fueL! Bam! You just gained real horsepower.
You will have to reprogram your computer to compensate for the extra air or you will run the risk of running too lean under full throttle. If you don't reprogram then you will see minimal gains in the hp. Don't forget running the extra oil lines.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Bam is right but not gaining HP, more like loosing HP/torque and a motor. Needless to say its a bad idea, still need to recalibrate the ECU for the different fuel curve and air curve. Not to mention running the injectors differently and as stated earlier, the extra oil lines, downpipe, and BOV. Also as stated you would not see any real gains without the tuning. All that will happen is your motor will run exceptionally lean and BOOOOOM. Plus the air coming out of the turbo is scorching hot and you would actually detonate prematurely due to this heat.

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts