Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the NY/NJ area and I was wondering where's the best place to install a spoiler. The dealers are quoting me $350 with installation included but online it's only $215 for the spoiler. Anyone with any dealer that's willing to go less or a place where they'll do the installation and I'll just buy the spoiler online?

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
I'm in the NY/NJ area and I was wondering where's the best place to install a spoiler. The dealers are quoting me $350 with installation included but online it's only $215 for the spoiler. Anyone with any dealer that's willing to go less or a place where they'll do the installation and I'll just buy the spoiler online?
You can always buy it online and find a local dealer to install it for you....or even a local bodyshop.

I have heard stories about some dealers that won't install something they didn't sell.....but it never hurts to try.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :)

True. Many dealers will refuse to sell parts they don't sell. Reason being, if they mess up the part... See if you can find a body shop to do it for you or see if a local dealer will sell it at a discount to you if you let them do the install.

·
Registered
713 Posts
If you are handy at all you can do it yourself and save some dough :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
My "deal breaker" was....throw in and install the rear spoiler.....I love the way it looks...not sure it serves a purpose but being they installed it....if there is a problem....it's theirs.

·
Registered
302 Posts
215 online then DIY it! its not that hard, youll just have to measure and remeasure
everything before installing it....
but that deal from the deaership isnt bad too... try to canvass around body shops
you might end up getting a quote on the labor almost similar to the dealership..
anyway if you go w/ the dealership, atleast you can get back at them if some issues
arise later.....

g/l!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts