Registered
2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer SS 3SS, 2000 honda crv lx
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use the factory honda ngk ones but sometimes I get a misfire

·
Registered
476 Posts
OEM's are fine. As to misfire, get the OBD2 codes read to ensure nothing else is going on. Avoid amazon & ebay plugs as many are fake parts. Rock Auto and your local dealers will sell OEM parts.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
NGK plugs aren't causing a misfire. The problem is elsewhere. These old CR-Vs use the archaic rotor/distributor cap/wire ignition as opposed to coil-on-plug, and over the years I've found that only the OEM wire sets and components will last. (I usually got 75,000 miles out of them.) My last set, though, were NGK wires and they held up fine. Honda may have purchased their wire sets from NGK or Denso anyways. But any familiar auto parts store brand I've used in other Hondas only lasted about 15,000 miles at the most before I'd get misfiring or non-starting. Total garbage.

·
Registered
2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer SS 3SS, 2000 honda crv lx
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks just replaced wires and it stoped misfiring im going to drive it more to see.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Thanks just replaced wires and it stoped misfiring im going to drive it more to see.
Many time you can just 'mist' water over the spark plug wires while the engine is running and it is dark (night outside or in a dark area inside) and see if you can see any arcing. Simple , free and easy.
The factory NGK ZFR6F-11 are said to work the best in the Gen-1 CRV. Also, about the lowest cost spark plugs around. :)
Anyways, great that you found the problem.
Buffalo4

1 - 8 of 8 Posts