Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a new 2019 CR-V EX 2WD in Molten Lava Pearl, to get specific ;).

I've got some flexibility in when I can purchase, so I wonder when in relation to the new 2020 model release schedule should I be looking to get the best deal.

Right now I see there are some finance deals, but I will most likely be purchasing outright.

Also, how can I best determine an out the door price that I can shop at different dealerships?

I have a trade in, 2004 Civic Sedan, but it has some front end damage and probably not worth much at this point.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Longer u wait the better the pricing. 2020’s should be on sale in next week or so (not hybrid)

however the longer you wait the harder your exact combo will be to find if you dont want to travel.

check the huge 2019 pricing thread to see what others are paying

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Various internet sites can and will provide you with a price distribution curve for virtually any make and model vehicle... including a highlight point for what they consider "best price deal" that you can expect from a dealer in your area.

Run a handful of different ones, and then use the results to help you understand what "best price" dealers are committing to in your area. Then tap one or more car pricing referral services, and see what they send you**. Next... send inquiries to local dealers internet sales departments and see what they quote you. Harvest and focus on the best results.

AND.. if you are going to be making a trade in.. shop that around as well with dealers, because some dealers will give you a good price on the new vehicle, but will try to low ball you on the trade-in... so you need to strike the right balance all around in the sales transaction. I have been fortunate in that the dealer TrueCar quotes and points me to in my area is a really good dealer and they don't lowball on trade-ins.. particularly if it is a Honda being traded in.

** Consumer Reports, Discount warehouses like Costco, TrueCar, etc.. all provide this service. In my area, TrueCar always brings me the best price and locks it in with a dealer in my area... and every time I check myself.. TrueCars price presented has been best.... but that can and will vary by location.. which is why you want several sources for pricing.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Not knowing where you live, it's hard to tell what pricing is like. In a state like Ohio that has a lot of Honda manufacturing facilities, Hondas are very common and I would imagine dealers there would be more likely to deal. In more remote states, you'll probably pay closer to list price. With the 2020 being a "refresh," they will be in shorter supply until manufacturing catches up, so I doubt there will be good deals until this time next year. Especially since the current CR-V is one of the top-selling vehicles in the US--demand is high, so dealers will get closer to their asking price than a slow-moving model.

You might check some of the car valuation/listing sites to get a feel for what a good deal might be. I would be blunt--ask for their best out-the-door price for a cash customer. Be sure to check dealership reviews as well--you might get a great price at a dealer that has a poor reputation, and service after the sale will suffer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not knowing where you live, it's hard to tell what pricing is like. In a state like Ohio that has a lot of Honda manufacturing facilities, Hondas are very common and I would imagine dealers there would be more likely to deal. In more remote states, you'll probably pay closer to list price. With the 2020 being a "refresh," they will be in shorter supply until manufacturing catches up, so I doubt there will be good deals until this time next year. Especially since the current CR-V is one of the top-selling vehicles in the US--demand is high, so dealers will get closer to their asking price than a slow-moving model.

You might check some of the car valuation/listing sites to get a feel for what a good deal might be. I would be blunt--ask for their best out-the-door price for a cash customer. Be sure to check dealership reviews as well--you might get a great price at a dealer that has a poor reputation, and service after the sale will suffer.
Thanks for the info. I’m in Central Florida. If I am purchasing a new vehicle, couldn’t I get it serviced at any Honda dealership?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would e-mail car dealers, specific color, model etc, what their offer is , also if you are a member of Costco check out if their are any savings available, from my experience dealers won't deal as much also if you don't wanna finance, so what I would do is take the finance then just pay it off early. I think you will also barely get anything from the Civic, just sell it or donate. Anyway good luck and happy shopping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts