Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any input for best tire on the market for standard 215-225 / 65-75 R16? I don't mind reduced cornering edge, don't want to get into crazy hp, efficiency reduction though. I was thinking Yokahama Geolandar GO55 in a 215/70 size. Not great reviews though. Anybody have a great tire over 65 aspect ratio that they would recommend? Otherwise I'm going for Cooper CS5 Grand touring in a more standard sidewall ratio, but I'd like to get a little bulkier if there's a good one out there that people swear by

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Cooper CS5 is not any form of offroad tire. But it's a very good all season tire, one of the best in my book.

The geolanders you link are highway tires, worse that the CS5s unless you live west/southern arws where you dont get snow.

Not all geolanders are the same, they have different versions

There is no "best". Each tire out there has its pros and cons.

If you dont want to loose efficiency you need to stay very close to stock tire size. The bigger you go the more efficiency you loose. I'm running 225/70R16s on mine and that's a noticeable loss but I dont care. They are 3" taller that factory size.

I have the new cooper discoverer a/t3 4s (the version that literally got released last summer). Insane in the snow so I know will do great anywhere else I want to go.

Also you need to Google tire size calculator. That will let you compare tire sizes to see what works for you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! I'm in DFW, north TX area. Very rarely any accumulation with snow if ever. We do get icey rain that sticks for a day or two, but the way Texans drive in any inclement weather you're better off just sitting in your living room watching the bumper cars spin around out the front window from a safe distance. :jawdrop: I wish I was more in the market for the A/T tires, but it's probably going to be the Cooper CS5 which really are more geared to my driving on this car. Just have to take the gas guzzling pickup out when the canoe trips call for rough stuff. Thanks again for the feedback!

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,774 Posts
Take a look at Tirerack. They don't stock everything just a decent selection. You might find a couple of AT that work for you

·
Registered
895 Posts
I’m running stock sized General Grabber AT2 tires on mine. Take a 3-4 mpg hit on the gas mileage, but are damn good tires. I’ve run them in snow and mud without any issues. Gave them a good run during the last couple weeks with all the rain in the mid south. Top 4” of dirt was pretty much soup anywhere you went and worse if there was any consistent travel in one place. They took me everywhere I needed to go with no problem.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I’m running stock sized General Grabber AT2 tires on mine. Take a 3-4 mpg hit on the gas mileage, but are damn good tires. I’ve run them in snow and mud without any issues. Gave them a good run during the last couple weeks with all the rain in the mid south. Top 4” of dirt was pretty much soup anywhere you went and worse if there was any consistent travel in one place. They took me everywhere I needed to go with no problem.
General tires have always served me well. I have General Altimax Arctic studded for my winter tires on the CRV and they are like velcro on snow, ice, slush, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts