Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Peeps
Any suggestion's on polish and wax for my black 2009 crv and how to keep it looking good.
Any experience using ceramic coat and is it worth the money.
comments please.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
8,422 Posts
Ceramic coating is wonderful and durable, but it requires a good amount of prep time (especially on a 10 year old car). Are you willing to pay the bux?
Get estimates from a local detailer.

Regards a wax, you will get lots of recommendations. Might be good to look at detailing Forums such as https://www.autopia.org/

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
The color coat is under the clear coat. Protecting the clear coat protects the color coat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Peeps
Any suggestion's on polish and wax for my black 2009 crv and how to keep it looking good.
Any experience using ceramic coat and is it worth the money.
comments please.
I just had my 7 year old Corvette ceramic coated. Being a garage queen the paint was in very good shape but still needed a paint correction treatment. I can't believe how the coating made the shine come alive. It looks better than showroom new. For me the ceramic coating is totally worth it. For a 10 year old daily driver I'm not so sure.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
The TSX is black, and I'm seriously looking into Avalon King's ceramic coating, as I've seen how well it works. I think it's great for daily drivers, since much of the dirt will rinse off easily. (Use code "VINwiki" to receive $25 off of your order--no affiliation, just passing it along.) The clearcoat prep is no issue here, since I already have the equipment to do it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just bought this 2011 SE. The previous owner kept it exceptionally clean by running it thru a car wash with brushes, probably weekly. The paint was “healthy” but it was full of car wash swirls. I first clay barred the entire car with Meguires Clay Bar and QuikDetailer as a lubricant. Then I used my Porter Cable DA polisher (which I highly recommend) and with an orange cutting pad I used 3M Finesse It #2 and took my time removing most of the swirls. Then I installed a blue “fine” polishing pad and used Meguires Ultimate Polish to polish the clear coat to a high shine. After that I applied by hand a coat of Meguires Ultimate Liquid Wax. Then the final coat was Turtle Wax Seal and Shine. Amazing product by the way! I was very impressed with how the black turned out! My other 3 cars are white or pearl white. It took me a full day to do the CR-V with a couple breaks but the effort was worth it. I have had great results using the process I just described on all my cars and recommend every product mentioned.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
8,422 Posts
Since you spent that productive time doing the paint correction, consider applying a true Ceramic Coating (rather than a hybrid product like Seal N Shine).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Since you spent that productive time doing the paint correction, consider applying a true Ceramic Coating (rather than a hybrid product like Seal N Shine).
With most Quality Ceramic Coatings being over $100 I can buy a case of 12 bottles of Seal and Shine. It goes on and comes off so easily that I don‘t mind applying it. Ive only used the product since last year but my 3 white cars are still beading like crazy after just 2 applications And over 6 months since the last application. And besides, I am retired and have nothing better to do with my time...especially with the Covid virus keeping me more restrained than normal. Ceramic Coating may be something I consider down the road.

·
2,774 Posts
The wax I use is P21s. The stuff is amazing!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts