Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my CR-V in August 2018. Within a month, noticed the drivers side wiper leaving a 4 inch wide streak right where the middle of the wiper blade contacts the windshield on the down swipe. This is also right in my line of sight. Chalked this up to just bad rubber and bought some refills at the Honda dealer to change. Again, within a month, saw the same. Outside of replacing the blade or arm, which I suppose I could ask the dealer to do, I'm resigned to believe the Honda wipers are just not designed quite right for the flat windshield of the CR-V.

Anyone else seeing this streaking problem on the drivers side? Anyone tried an aftermarket wiper blade on the CR-V?

Not confident the dealer would do anything with this. Our local dealer is not that great at this sort of thing given that a wiper is considered a consumable. It is worth a shot at asking them to replace the blade or arm.

I used Honda refills exclusively on my 2006 Pilot and they worked beautifully for the 12 years I drove it. Switched to Bosch on our 2008 Acura TSX (which we bought used in 2017) as Honda's streaked too much (tried both Honda refills and blade swap). Also using Bosch on our 2009 VW Tiguan and they work beautifully at a much lower cost than the VW branded wipers (which I've heard are made by Bosch). Considering Bosch for the CR-V.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have replaced my terrible OEM wipers with Rain Ex blade ones from Walmart. A vast improvement. First I tried the more expensive Michelin but quickly returned them. The OEM ones made a terrible scrapping sound from day one and left streaks.

2017 CR-V 1.5T AWD EX. Molten Lava. Ivory Interior.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I haven't had issue nor changed them on my CR-V yet. I'm a fan of Bosch - it's all I've used for years on all my vehicles. Pricey but do an awesome job, might not last as long as some others with harder rubber but that don't wipe as well.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't had issue nor changed them on my CR-V yet. I'm a fan of Bosch - it's all I've used for years on all my vehicles. Pricey but do an awesome job, might not last as long as some others with harder rubber but that don't wipe as well.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I love the Bosch wipers too. A poorly working wiper is a pet peeve of mine. Bosch haven't let me down yet.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
When I got my '07 a couple of months ago, I had to get it inspected for Texas. They replaced the wiper blades, but I have no idea what they are, Ansco I think. But I have the same issue with them, so I am going to change them. I have the Bosch ones on my F250 and they are great, but they are also short. The long driver's side one on this car needs a stiffer arm, to my thinking, so I will probably try the Bosch. When I first saw that these CR-V wipers are different lengths, I was like "Why, I ain't never!" It seems strange to me, but whatever, as long as I can get something that works right.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine just started doing this a few weeks ago- I attributed it to me leaving my car outside all the time and it sitting in the sun and the plastic on the blade drying out, but since you got your blades replaced at the dealer and it didn’t fix anything, then I guess I’ll be checking out RainX or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
My 2018 had the same exact problem with driver side wiper after 2 months, I replaced it with Bosch Icon. Passenger side still original and works perfectly a year later.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
544 Posts
I've just started using the Bosch Icon's as well and love them. Have a pair on my '17 V EX and '12 V LX. I've been using the Honda refills and while they work OK that's about it, especially in the winter. I just put a set on my '17 and the driver's side blade started leaving a narrow streak after one month. Of course the streak is directly in front of my vision line and while it doesn't reduce my sight it is just plain annoying and drives me crazy.

The Bosch, so far, hasn't done this and really works well...we'll see in a couple of months...they better at the price.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts