Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't understand why Honda does not offer the folding mirrors in US. I know in Japan most cars have folding mirrors due to the small spaces but C'mon we park our cars in our garages and its a pain to walk around the mirrors!

·
Registered
600 Posts
I would take the folding mirrors and paddle shifters. It's missing the power lumbar support though. And if I wanted or needed 7 seats I would have purchased a Pilot.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would take the folding mirrors and paddle shifters. It's missing the power lumbar support though. And if I wanted or needed 7 seats I would have purchased a Pilot.
Same here paddle shifter, folding mirror and the led fog light

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't understand why Honda does not offer the folding mirrors in US. I know in Japan most cars have folding mirrors due to the small spaces but C'mon we park our cars in our garages and its a pain to walk around the mirrors!
I wonder if we can buy that folding side mirror and replace the non folding

·
Registered
653 Posts
CRV has 850 lbs load limit....7 passengers @ 121 lbs each.

I guess the passengers would have to be teeny since even the 2nd row seating has been moved forward.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
My friend though they wanted a small SUV with a third row seat so they looked at a Rouge which is offered with one. After seeing the size (as in very small) third row seat they quickly dropped that item off their wish list. Even a gigantic Chevy Tahoe that offers a third row seat has very limited space back there. If you want a third row seat get a van!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Can you force it to downshift into a "lower gear" for higher RPM with the paddle shifter and CVT? Will it stay in the desired "gear" or will it automatically revert to the default programming after a few minutes? Would love to see it in action.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Like the rear roof ac. Paddle shifters are useless on a CVT trans. I like our dash design better too.
I had a car with paddle shift for 6 years. While a good feature for marketing, it is pretty well useless for the average person driving in average scenarios (which are most of us and particularly SUV owners).
The thing I would really like is the folding mirrors....is it me or, are parking lot lines getting closer and closer together?? :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
OMG what the heck! Not fair Honda

Top 10 2017 CRV features not available to Canadians:
1- LED fog lights
2- Leather knee pads (we get a rock hard slap of plastic instead!)
3- Nanoe technology by Panasonic (google it, you won't believe this thing exists, let alone in a Honda! )
4- 9" head unit running the new OS thats in 2018 Odyssey.Thats 2 inches more than what we get. lol and alot of people in NA were wondering why Honda put a large bezel around a smaller screen!
5- Roof mounted AC vents
6- 7 seats (nice to have as an option)
7- Retractable door mirrors.
8- HUD (not shown in this video but is included in other world markets).
9- push button gear selector (not shown in this video but is included in other world markets.
10- Paddle shifters

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
That "Prestige" CR-V doesn't have these features :

- Full LCD Instrument Cluster
- Heated steering wheel
- LKAS /*Advanced cruise control
- Sliding volume control
- CarPlay/Android Auto

... But I do envy some of the stuff it has (leather knee pad, folding passenger front seat).

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Cars are often specialized for their target markets. That is true for all makes, not just Honda. Its a marketing thing. But, before you feel you are being "cheated", did you ever see the prices on some of those models? Sure, Honda could throw a lot more features on the CR-V but it would drive the price up several thousand dollars. Also, when some markets get a feature NA doesn't have they lose something the NA model does have. Look at the Russian model. It has the HUD but lacks many of the highly desirable US safety features. Guess those Mig pilot wana-be's like HUD.
And as for that third roll seat...NEVER! Have you ever been in a smaller vehicle like a CR-V and tried to use that seat? You should go look at a Rogue or other car that has it and try to actually use it. And, if you really want a panoramic roof, third roll seat, etc. then perhaps get the Rogue that offers all of those things.

Besides, here in the US Honda builds and sell the Acura models that are "upscale" Honda's....at a higher price. They won't make a CR-V competitive with an Acura model built on the same assembly line but costing $10,000 more for some additional features.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts