14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to carry 4 bikes
2 X Adult
2 X kids

What are the best - price options

Using the Factory roof rack??? what company does this

Tow hitch - currently not installed

I kind of figure the Tow Hitch will be the best. But would like to get some good answers and or reviews and comments.

Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
either way...

This is a very personal choice. I have used a roof rack on my minivan with 6 bikes on top and not had a problem. I think you might see some handling issues if you have 4 bikes on top plus passengers and gear. I don't know how all that will play out... If you get a good Curt (or equal) hitch mounted you could get a nice rack for the back and that may work better. I use a hitch for my two bikes that we travel with and it works fine with 4 adults still in the CRV.

XPORT Flatbed 2-Bike Hitch Rack @ Performance Bicycle

·
Registered
52 Posts
I need to carry 4 bikes.
I use the XPORT Flatbed 2 bike rack like Badgerland but would have preferred the 4 bike model. I paid $119 from PerformanceBike.

I have seen Perfromance advertise the XPORT 4 Bike model for as low as $249. It requires a 2 inch receiver hitch. (I chose the Reese model for $127 delivered) for my '07 V.

I believe Performance runs pretty good sales in the Spring.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I would go with the hitch mount. It is easier to load and you don't have to worry about driving and an overpass/bridge or something being high enough.

·
3,060 Posts
Moved to Racks section. Exterior section is now closed.

·
Registered
696 Posts
What year are we talking here?

Might consider a ' bike ride in' rather a than bike ' hanging on' rack type. Usually more stable and less issues. But could be more $$$

1 - 8 of 8 Posts